1.10; party

Emily hadn't ever been to a party.

The Palm Woods has a strict rule, and all Gustavo throws are boring, classy parties for investors. Except for a massive pillow fight the boys organized in the lobby.

Like tonight.

She stood on the couch in the studio, fixing a large print of the bands name.

Harsh skids made her turn to see the boys had just run in, gaping at all the white table cloths and arrangements. She jumped off the couch.

"What's going on?" Kendall asked.

"Please tell us it's a party!" James and Carlos said together.

Kelly smiled, "It is the Big Time Rush party celebrating the making the making of your first album!"

Seeing the boys breaking out in celebration, Gustavo shook his head, "No. You're not invited."

The boys groaned, asking why.

"One, it's a classy party for executives only. Two, I don't need dogs around playing with their food," The man said, making Emily roll her eyes, wishing for once the boys would prove him wrong.

Logan and Kendall scoffed, "We don't play with food."

"James, Carlos, turn around," Emily said.

The two boys turned around from the food table, growling. Carlos shoved a carrot stick up each nostril and had greens hanging from his mouth. James had one carrot up his nose, and used sushi rolls for eyes.

Carlos spit everything out, as James shamefully, took his costume apart.

"Wait, wait, wait. How can you have a Big Time Rush party without Big Time Rush?"

"You'll be here in spirit," Kelly assured them.

"And in cut-out form!" Emily exclaimed, hoping they would get excited about seeing themselves in cut-out.

"Well, we're staying," Kendall said, crossing his arms, all boys following suit.

"Fine," Gustavo snapped.

"Fine," the boys shrugged.

"Fine! You can stay," He said, walking over to a large box being wheeled in, resembling something from a carnival. "But do not go in my super party fun box."

Knowing it was a trick and the boys were about to get in the box the second they all left, Emily couldn't bare to upset her boss, or stick around to see the boys fall for it.

***

Emily received a text a few hours after the boys were wheeled out in the box.

"You're invited to the Big Time Rush get-together tonight!"

It was from James, with no context. So she went to Logan and got more details. They found a way around the party rule and each invited a few guests.

Emily was obligated to be at the party at Rocque Records, and had spent all afternoon getting ready. As badly as she wanted to hang out with everyone, she couldn't. She told Logan she'd stop by for a few minutes on her way out.

Emily's blonde hair was slightly curled, the front pieces pinned back. She wore a dark blue silk cocktail dress, cutting off at mid-thigh, with small, think straps on her shoulders and tall black heels.

Knocking on the door of 2J, she could hear music from the other side, assuming people already arrived.

The door swung open. Carlos, dressed in an orange, leopard print jacket, and James, identical, but purple. The boys greeted their guest with smug smiles, knowing they were the party kings, but their jaws dropping at the sight of the girl on the other side.