twenty one

Boys.
My advice, don't play with boys. Like ever; especially in relationships, y'all play a lot in that.

It's just been a few minutes and I'm starting to second guess my idiotic decision of coming here. Not that it isn't fun but because all this whining is making my head pound.

"You cheated." Ryan whines

"You started it!" screams Chase with his hands up in the air. He's one little-ugh I can't even.

"Shutup you both!" I scream. A few minutes ago it was Chase doing this, guess all three of us are stupid humans. Well Ryan and Chase coming before me, I'm a little sane.

"Let's start again," Ryan says

"No!" This time it's both me and Chase. It's just been fifteen minutes and we've already started the stupid game five times. They're like kids. It's funny to see Ryan in his high schooler form. I would like to see him like this more but that's the thing, I don't know him the way Chase does and Chase will never know him the way I do. We can never know the other person through somebody else's eyes, every human is a different version of themselves with every human.

"Fine." Ryan grunts and starts his horrid singing. I scrunch my nose, he is one bad singer. He keeps on singing some sappy song in his weird twisted position. I'm trying my best to contain my laughter but the moment he turns towards Chase and pouts at him serenading him I laugh loudly Ryan momentarily turns his head to look at me and then turn his attention back to Chase.

Chase keep on staring at him with a flat look. I snort at the scene folding in front of me and that's enough to make Ryan lose his balance falling face-first on the ground.

"It's your fault." He screams at me. I flare my nose at him and then look at Chase. He's still holding his position. As if he could see both of us staring at him with a question he speaks up "I'm just keeping my position in so you don't go ahead and say that I lost."

What did I say? Children. I huff and wait for him to stand up. A few minutes later when he finally believes that he has won he stands on the cream mat. The colour has changed over the years.

"So you owe me food," Chase says to Ryan.

"What?" I say glancing back and forth thinking I'm being left out in the conversation.

"We have this thing Since he isn't around much." Ryan looks at me "Each year, whoever gets the highest score owes the other one. We randomly choose a letter and whatever word we find starting from it, the winner owes it. So this year it was F, we chose food."

Wow. They're so...different. I don't know from where they come up with these things but it's kind of cool. I feel like I'm missing out on so much. No Alyssa shutup, I remind myself, You're going to college and you're going to experience these things too.

"Great." I nod at them. Somebody's ringtone blares through the small room, Chase looks up at us apologetically "I have to take this."
We both nod as he leaves to take the call, it's just me and Ryan now. We stand in silence, the only voice heard is of Chase's.

"I have to go." He says running his hands through his hair. We follow him out of the room and this weird place. "You still owe me food Ryan." He points at him.

As soon as the words leave his mouth my stomach growls, loudly. My gaze instantly falls onto the grey road to hide my discomfort. I hear someone snicker but I just roll my eyes.

After a few "bro" moments with Ryan Chase finally bids us goodbye and then it's just Me and Ryan, again.

"So.." he starts off. A lot of our conversations start from the word so and it's starting to piss me off a lot. I tap my foot on the pavement repeatedly "So.." clearing my throat I tilt my head as I patiently wait for his reply watching the colours of sky blend into one as the sun goes down.