three

When I was an early teen I liked the noise, it helped me focus on something other than my own thoughts. Always had the music blasting on. As I grew up I started liking the silence much more, it was calming, peaceful. I like silence. Sometimes you should let the silence consume you. Ryan and I have been walking in silence for a long time now but the silence between us is not the same silence I like. It's awkward. And I hate it.

"Where are we going?" I ask Ryan, He's cycling slowly for my sake.

"You see we don't know each other. We were friends when we were barely 4.Then we never met. One day I joined the school. we became acquaintances. Then I left school. I mean you see the problem here?"

"What problem?" I ask

"That ALYSSA GREEN, we were never friends. We never got to know each other."

"Okay?" What is he trying to do?

He abruptly stops his bicycle in mid-track nearly bumping into an old lady.

"What I'm trying to say is we should get to know each other."

Now it's my time to laugh.

"What?" He asks looking at me laughing.

"If you think we should date then my answer is no," I say. Seriously what the heck? I don't want to be seen with this weirdo.

Now he's laughing. Okay, what. " I didn't mean dating. I meant.—-He moves his hands between us "we're going to spend the next 15-20 days together. So we should get to know each other."

"Wait." I stop him "not the next 15-20 days, nothing's confirmed that I'm going to come tomorrow also."

"Yeah okay. But on the positive side, IF you come we'll be spending 4-5 hours daily together and I don't want to spend it with some stranger. So the thing is daily we'll ask a few questions about each other. Okay?" He forwards his hand for a handshake

I eye it but don't handshake. "Cool." He looks offended but doesn't say anything.

"We're going to the library." He says.

"Why?" I'm happy to go there but why now?

"Lexi was talking about how you were going to spend the entire month between books so I thought Going to the library would make you feel comfortable also I need to talk to Ms.Rivers."

"Umm yeah okay." I shrug and start walking. I have no clue what we are going to do.

The rest of the walk is completed in complete silence. We enter the library and the bell chimes. I never really got the idea of placing a bell in the library.Cafe,Restaurant etc.etc. I get that, but the library? I never asked though.

"I hate this thing," Ryan says looking at the bell.

"Seriously me too," I say

Ryan's eyes scan around the library. Its a 2 storey building shaped in a circle. The ground floor has tables for people to read or do whatever they want to do while the first floor has books. Some rare books are found on the ground floor, like first copies etc.

"No sign of her." He says

"It was a waste of time." I say "cheers."

"No, we can wait for her."

"Here?" I don't really mind though.