two

"You know you'll never make it to the meeting point with that speed" Lexi gestures to my current state.

"Oh please, How many times do I have to tell you I'm not going to meet him?" I pick my shoes up from the mat. They have mud on them from yesterday's running, not that I care I'm still wearing them.

"Al, please think about it, just try for a day and if you don't like it you can call this thing off."

"What thing?" Mom enters the room

"Nothing." I eye talk with Lexi to not say anything wishing that for once she'll listen to me.

"Off for a run?" Mom asks, I nod and leave the room. Small talk is what we've been having since I was around 6.

Picking up the water bottle I'm off for a run. It's a cloudy day. For some reason, Lexi thinks that I'm going to meet Ryan instead of going on a run because I never go for a run this late. Usually 5 or 6, maximum 7. But that's the half-truth. I didn't sleep well last night. I was anxious.

It has started raining. My daily 40-minute run is cut into a 20-minute run. I'm officially pissed. Pissed at Ryan for giving me that stupid idea about the project, Pissed at Lexi for planting the idea to go and do something fun. Pissed at the whole world. I'm just pissed.

It's raining heavier than it was before. I run inside the nearest cafe I can spot. I've never come to run around this area. The smell of caffeine fills my nose as I step inside the cafe. Its almost near to full. Zipping my jacket I spot a seat at the corner most and sit. Raindrops gather at the glass beside me. Time passes by and the rain keeps on getting heavier. Somebody clears their throat "Biting your nails won't make the hunger go away."

Who—What
Oh
Shit
Ryan

I immediately remove my hands from my mouth and lookup. A pair of dark greyish eyes are staring at me. Ryan's crooked teeth are on Display.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I raise a question

"I can ask the same thing." He counters back

"Seriously?" I roll my eyes. I'm now more pissed. Him and I being at the same place at the same time feels so stupid. "Go away."

He drags the chair opposite to me and sits clearly ignoring me. "What's the plan for today?"

"I don't know and I'm not going," I say and cross my arms. I stare outside the window. There is an awkward silence between us. His palms are sweaty, I can see him rubbing them against his pants. I don't comment on it.

"What do you want?!" I exclaim with emphasis on each and every word to make him go.

"Food, I'm hungry, I'll order something." He replied. Ugh.

"I'm not."

"I'll pay." He says and walks up to order something.

I think Of leaving but I can't. I don't have my phone and walking in the rain is a stupid idea. Guess I'll be stuck here with this stupid boy.

Now that Ryan's gone I take my time to think about this project.

Pros- Lexi will be happy.
I'll have something to do.

Cons- A LOT.

Going with him doesn't seem like a good option but staying at home also doesn't seem like one. The dilemma it is. Lowkey, I wish I could gather the courage to face my anxiety but it ain't that easy.

Ryan's back with 2 milkshakes,2 sandwiches, pie and fries.

"I ordered us both the same. So if mine's a disaster yours will too be." He says as he takes a bite from the pie. "It actually is tasty."