Chapter 43

Enjoy
---------
GRAND STAR HOTEL

Early morning everyone was having their breakfast and after breakfast anika and shanky would go for shopping.

After that pinky want Anika to see Villa and one of quarters of oberoi empire in America.

Shivaay would stay back for round one.

Anika don't want to go as she want to cheer him but chef ranveer told him that after round 1 only the family members can go and sit in the audience.

But shivaay insist her to go enjoy around.

Around 10 am they locked their room and went downstairs and anika and shanky leave not before saying all the best and a big hug to shivaay. Anika being shy quickly give a kiss on cheeks to him.

Shivaay bids bye to them and went to chefs.

Vikas - so shivaay the competition is about to start all the contestants will get a separate person to ask questions.

I just want to tell u one thing I will not say don't be nervous be confident but I want to say that cooking is an innovation we always innovate things their must be a person who invented rajma rice so in that way we create we explore so don't lose your body posture and attitude be a Hindustani.

It's not compulsory that your answer and his answer match they are not ordinary person they are professionals in judging a person expression change in a second.

It's not easy to take q&a round but they take this round because they want the person instantly be out who gets panic, they don't want any nonsense this platform is not a joke.

Shivaay - I know chef I promise I will make u proud.

Shivaay went towards hall.

Here
Vikas - u guys were right his eyes sparks when he talks related to cooking.

Ranveer and Sanjeev - told u.

Shivaay interview was taken by a person named Jack and he started asking questions.

Jack - 1. Which side of the foil are you supposed to cook on?
Shivaay - Technically the shiny side, but the difference is negligible so don't worry about it.

Jack -2. What's the best way to melt chocolate? 
Shivaay - Chop it (or use chips) and melt in the microwave for 30 second intervals, stirring each time until completely smooth.

Jack -3.  I purchase eggs from a farmer and they are often irregular sizes. How do I properly weigh or divide them for use in baking? 
Shivaay - Crack and whisk together, then measure. 1 large egg equals 3 tablespoons or 70g or 2.5oz of beaten egg. 

Jack -4. Why does my pound cake deflate when I take it out of the oven? 
Shivaay -Possible reasons: Over mixing the batter, irregular oven heat, opening the oven door during baking, or expired baking powder. 

Jack -5. What's the best way to improve knife skills without taking a course? 
Shivaay -Look up an onion chopping tutorial on YouTube and practice with a full bag of yellow onions. (Freeze the diced onions.)

Jack -6. Which herbs and spices are OK to buy dry? Which are better fresh? 
Shivaay -As a rule, go dry for spices and fresh for herbs. Oregano is the exception. It's better dry.

Jack - 7.  Which part of the green onion (scallion) is supposed to be used—the green or the white or both? 
Shivaay -For garnishes use only the green; for cooking use both green & white up to about 1” from the root.

Jack - 8. If a recipe calls for wine, is it best to choose a dry wine? 
Shivaay -Use exactly the same kind of wine you would pair with the meal if drinking it.

Jack - 9. What’s the best method for cooking a burger indoors at home without a grill? 
Shivaay -A cast-iron griddle or grill pan. Only flip once and never press. Open the window to air out inevitable smoke.

Jack -10. How long does it take to preheat an oven? 
Shivaay -All ovens vary, but on average about 15 minutes to preheat to 350 and 20 minutes to preheat to 400.
(credit : google chachi and alwaysorderdesert.com)

He speaks confidently. And his instant answers shocked jack.

Shivaay was telling his experience through his answers.

Jack tried to ask difficult questions but he knows that these questions are enough to make a person panic and nervous.

Jack writes the score and leaves.

Shivaay moved out and meet ranveer.

Ranveer - how was it.

Shivaay (smiled)  - very good

Ranveer - okay just think about next round I know u will clear this but I am a bit worried about next round coz u need to cook beef.

Shivaay ( shocked) - what!!!  Why I will not because it's against my culture. Sir I am really sorry but I will not go against my culture.

Shivaay said a bit louder and gets a weird looks from the surrounding.

Ranveer dragged shivaay to the corner and said - relax its part of a competition and u are not India. What do u think Indian people who permanently loves here will not eat beef.

Shivaay relaxing himself - chef I don't care about them if I will not respect my country outside how the hell I can win this competition. Oh..  I understand now why from past 12 years we are not able to win it's because we are not respecting our country outside. And those guidelines about rules and regulations they wrote that they have equal rights for all no matter from which country u belong to then why the hell they put beef cooking if Indian also participate in it.

Shivaay was so angry and ranveer can't let it go coz competition is tomorrow and if shivaay said a thing against them he may need to pack his bags and return to India. So thought to let chef Sanjeev and chef vikas talk to him.
--------
U know it hurts when u are not getting 100+ likes that u used to get earlier.
Please I am not begging it I am just requesting to vote coz it will make me happy. Only few chapters are left I want to end this on a happy note.