13.

Insecure
       Raina Fuller

"That dress looks beautiful on you" Christopher said as he hugged me from behind as we both stared at my reflection before us

"Are you sure I should be the one accompanying you tonight, won't it go off the wrong impression?" I was worried of harboring the wrong attention. Tonight he was nominated for an award for his book and many media houses will be covering this event. While, I'll be the one on his arm sharing the spotlight with him.

"That's the least of your worries" He stated.

"Ok, but aren't you worried person may think I am your girlfriend?" I rebutted

His eyebrows came together as he adjusted his tie. I could tell he was unbothered but I still had my doubts. I couldn't believe I said yes to this since I am now having second thoughts.

"I don't care what people think, you know that. Plus have you seen how beautiful you are. I would rather they think you are my girlfriend than somebody else."

That should've eased my mind but it barely did.

"Are you worried person may think you are in a relationship?" He questioned. I shook my head saying no which he took as confirmation of us being on the same page.

For the past month, I basically lived with him. I even had a drawer with clothes here, a space in his closet and his bathroom. I was always here and he ensured of that. We had passionate sex each day, kept movie nights, cooked for each other and talked about our day. The conservations never dug below the surface though, each time it came close to doing that he would always change the topic instantly. If I was being honest there was plenty about him I still didn't know. To go from that to making a public appearance with him was a bit confusing. It could be I was overthinking but apart of me felt like maybe I wasn't since this isn't exactly what I signed up for.

"Are you ready?" His face wore a smile as I returned one confirming that I was.

"It's not too late to back out if this it makes you uncomfortable" He said once we were in his car.

"I'm not uncomfortable, just confused" I stated honestly. "I don't consider us friends because there are things we still don't know about each other, so I'm not doing this favor as a friend and I doubt you see this as you asking a friend for a favor. I know what the contract states and this isn't apart of it so I just want didn't want to misread anything.

"Well, we've been spending so much time together I think it would've been messed up if I took another girl." He stated.

"So you care about my feelings?"