5

Miss. Moving On
Raina Fuller

 Moving OnRaina Fuller

———————————————

The doctor's visit was smooth sailing. I did a full STD and HIV screening. The results were instant, I was HIV negative however, unfortunately, I had chlamydia. I got the necessary antibiotics and I already knew the procedure, no sex for the next seven days until it's cured.

I have to be more careful now because this was my least favorite thing to do, not to mention the embarrassment. I had the day off from work so I decided I'd use this time to collect more of my things from my former house. I dreaded the idea but this day had to come sooner or later.

The moment I parked behind Noel's jeep an involuntary sigh left my mouth. I just wanted it to be an in and out process. I smiled at myself knowing this was growth since in the past I'd be prepping myself on how to downplay my feelings towards the situation just to have him back.

I grabbed my keys and soon I was entering the house I had made so many memories in but will soon have to abandon. I must admit I was relieved that I didn't instantly see his face upon entrance. I quickly made it to the room and there he was passed out on the bed. He probably had a wild night but I wouldn't know since for the first I didn't check his socials to see what he had been up to.

I started packing my duffle bags, stuffing any and almost everything that could fit in them. My fast movements, however, got the best of me since I almost fell which caused a bit of noise.

"Babe, you're home" He groggily said as he took his time to sit up on the bed

"I'm not your babe, thought I made that clear"I responded as I continued packing.

"What?" He said much livelier, that response clearly woke him up. "What are you talking about, are you still upset about the other night?"

I ignored him and continued to pick up my things. There was no sense in me answering especially because I knew where we'd end up.

       "You always blow things out of proportion. If it's not me knowing how to communicate it's about you thinking I don't love you enough or something else but suddenly it's about the sex. You keep creating conflict for no reason. You know I've been through a lot and I try. You want to change me into someone I'm not and I can't do that"

        "Stop" I released a sigh before I could face him. "You still don't know how to communicate because you could've stopped me for leaving or try. Secondly, you don't love me enough because I have been missing for some days and you haven't called or text to make up or even see if I was alive and okay. Lastly, sex is poor because you spend days cheating and expect to come home and give me what's left. You have been playing you know I've been through a lot card for twelve years to guilt trip me but fuck that. I never asked you to change, I just begged for you to respect me"