20.

Tell Me How It Is
Raina Fuller

"You have been quiet all afternoon, is everything ok?" Chris asked once we were back in the hotel room.

"Yea." I simply said as I exited the shower. It was hard to find my sleepwear with his ongoing questions.

"You've never been good at lying" he answered.

"I guess you would know, you are the expert right?"

"Raina, did I do something because you've been acting weird. Come on don't do this right now" he almost begged.

"You want to talk? Ok let us," I said sitting in my robe patting the space on the bed for him to sit.

"I found the chapter to the sequel..." I started as I looked at him, he held no expression of fright, sadness, or angriness which meant he probably did not care. "I read most of it, and I must say it was very relatable or similar to my life, also going back to your acceptance speech at the award show, you said a mouthful and now I have to wonder. Did I inspire the submissive is the main female character based on me?"

He took a while to answer and that I was not expecting.

"Yes," he simply said.

"You are gonna need to say much more than just yes"

"It was structured as a yes or no type question" he deflected.

"Christopher, why? it makes no sense that you based this on someone you never knew back then and now you do know, I am trusting you with details of my life only for you to factor it into your sequel. That's crazy, you are crazy!" I exclaimed.

"I am not crazy but yes I admit it does sound crazy so let me clear the air" He started, "since college, I became fascinated by you. It's natural to crush on someone sweet, radiant, genuine not to mention as beautiful as you are. We had a class together and honestly it was the only one I looked forward to. I must also admit, there were a few times I overheard your conversations in class about events you'd be at. I only went thinking that I would finally just man up and approach you because that would've been the normal thing to do right?"

I shook my head allowing him to continue.

"But every time I got around you, my anxiety held me by the neck. I suffered from that bad back then. Besides, you were in a relationship and so was I there was no way anything good come of that. Now if you read the submissive, the only thing that may be identical were some events, the character's college major, and parts of her relationship. Let's be honest, everyone knew about your relationship he publicly humiliated you several times. It was just that one relationship that everyone knew of. It's not like I stalked you and your every move. But I guess I got carried away making a book about the girl I crushed really hard on."

"But you still kept me close. Rightly Written, Band E-Communication plus my current workplace you've been manipulating me which makes no sense because you seriously could've just approached me after College, instead you weaseled me into a contract that if I fuck up I could be indebted to you. Why would you do that?"

"I am confused" his face showed that he was, "what those places got to do with anything, how did I manipulate you?"

"Your parents were donors at our college, you must've used that to your advantage to let me get placed there, you are an investor at band e comm and you partly own where I work now. You have been controlling my working life"