7.

A turn in events
Raina Fuller
——————————

"She seems nice." Malika whispered on our way out of the meeting.

"She does" I agreed.

We had just been introduced to the new head of our department. I really thought someone was about to be promoted, instead they brought in a whole new person for the position. She was beautiful to say the least.

Kimberly Brown, you could tell she had experience just by the way she spoke with confidence and how she laid out her personal goals and the goals in which she expects us all to achieve.

"I wonder what happened to Martha, she loved this job so much I can't imagine her quitting" Malika continued, she was the only person here that I was close to but our friendship remained in the office.

"She was really old so maybe they just forced her into taking an early retirement" I shrugged before stepping into my office space while she went to hers.

My desk was filled with work since I have been a little negligent with my work lately. I could hardly read what was in front of me since my mind was clogged with steamy thoughts of the encounters I had with Christopher. I anticipated the day we can go all the way because I just know he'll fulfill the desires that my body aches for.

      "Ms.Fuller," the voice at my door made me raise my head to see Hailey, who is now reassigned as Kim's assistant.

      "Kimberly, would like to have a word with you" She said before walking off.

I maybe be overthinking but she didn't seem excited to deliver that message. Does she not like Kim? Or am I jumping the guns. On a more serious note, I had no idea why I was being called to her office, but I figured it had to be along the lines of work.

The minute I stepped into the office I realized how much of a facelift she gave the place. Even though she added her own personal touch it still looks like a page out of a furniture catalogue.

     "I love what you did to the place Miss.Brown" I smiled

      "Mrs." She corrected with a smirk, "just call me Kim and thank you. Have a seat if you want to"

I couldn't tell if she was still being nice or if I detected a hint of a snob.

       "You look super tense, please relax" She smiled warmly. "I just decided I wanted to talk to everyone from the department personally. I was told you're the best editor here and if I wasn't given the job you'd be the perfect candidate"

        "Thanks?" was the only thing my brain could formulate. I wasn't sure if that was a compliment or just a statement either way I didn't know what to do with that information.

        "I look forward to working with you but is there anything you'd like to tell me, I really want you to tell me about yourself"

        "There isn't much to know about me, I'm a simpleton who works right around the clock." What else are you suppose to tell your boss?

        "No husband or kids?" She smiled.

        "I'm actually not seeing anyone at the moment and I have no kids"