18.

Hello, Upper East Side
Raina Fuller.

"I'm sure the second hearing will be better, come on take this time to enjoy being away from home. You can have my card to even go shopping. I just need you in high spirits" Chris said as he loosened his tie.

"There shouldn't even be a second hearing" I mumbled, "but you are right"

I was pretty bummed out that I had to go back to court but Chris was right I need to be in high spirits, after all, we were in a nice environment. We had a lovely suite at the mark hotel, upper east side of New York. I could only dream to be in a place like this but now that I'm experiencing it, I will be so sad to return to my average lifestyle.

"I chose an early flight so we could do things in the city, maybe that'll cheer you up" He suggested.

"The blogs already speculating that we are dating because of that award show, being spotted would further cement that."

"Fuck the blogs, we know what this is and that's all that matters," He said nonchalantly.

"Let's do it then" I smiled.

"My brother told me about Ella, thank you for talking to her. He's so nervous but so excited at the same time." He said with a smile.

"She hasn't disclosed much about them, so I take it they are serious?"

"Oh yea" Chris cackled, "he's a real lover boy"

"But what about his marriage?"

"Fuck that marriage, she has been cheating too hell she even made several moves on me" He said

"That's twisted"

"Extremely, even for me"

"On second thoughts, I'm tired could we just get room service instead?"

"You have been so tensed," He said before standing in front of me.

He looked down at me intensely before cupping my face. His eyes roamed every inch of my smushed face before he planted a kiss on my lips.

"I know this is a business trip, but that doesn't mean I am gonna turn a blind eye to things like this," He said softly against my lips.

"Now, I am only gonna ask you one more time and need to hear the truth," He said more sternly with a clenched jaw.

"I didn't budget for a second hearing and my lawyer fee is ridiculously high" I admitted, I am a very prideful person so it's not easy to admit when I'm in need, it's embarrassing.

"Fixed, I'll write you a cheque and you'll accept it," He said slowly accompanied with a nod which made me feel compelled to compile with his kindness.

"Now, can I have my beautiful and lively Raina back?" He smirked as he ran his index finger down my jawline. I nodded which evoked a smile from him.

"Let's go," I finally said

"The car should be here," He said before walking off.

"I'm gonna take you to my favorite chill spot," He said with such enthusiasm as we made our way to the exit.

"Well, what is it?"