21.

Fool Me Once Shame On You... Fool me twice? you got me fucked up!

Raina Fuller

————————————————-

————————————————-

I laid there peacefully as Christopher continued his slumber. Even though I was somehow at peace on the outside, my mind was a war as it replayed both conversations picking out the flaws and inconsistencies of each to make sense of the messy situation I fell into, or somehow was placed into.

I must admit, I was just appalled by yesterday's series event. I couldn't believe so much came to light but I'm glad it did because it brought me out of the darkness I resided in.

Giselle made a lot of sense to me, but I do believe her actions are based on kindness? No, I strongly believe it's from pure bitterness. I believe this because after all these years she claims to feel bad about robbing Christopher of the opportunity to meet his child but never once attempted to right her wrong. It's obvious she's withholding information. She never once said, "I don't know where the child is so there's no way to fix my mess", instead she gave excuses and no solid reason as to why the reunion cannot happen.

She said she would think about it, and for some reason, I get the feeling that she feels powerful by doing this since she is the gateway to the child. It's her call to make. I somehow understand the place she's coming from, but using a child as a pawn in this game she's playing with him seems so cruel to me.

In some sick twisted way, by doing that she might even feel pleasure from this, feeling good that he's sad because he broke her heart. They knew each other since the adolescent ages, they spent years together I just know there's a high chance she is somehow still hurting. To me, maybe she didn't only lose her boyfriend but her best friend too.

Maybe there was once a time they completed each other and that's very hard to watch slip away. There's a chance, he was probably her first love, kiss, sex who knows?  And we all know how dangerous that can be for some women.  I am trying to deeply analyze this situation, so I may have to pressure my brain a bit.

If I haven't learned anything in my life, there is one thing I know for sure, biologically women were designed to be more attached to their partner than men are.  This is why it may not be easy for women to be successful at having a "sneaky link"  because they get attached so easily or catch feelings and it's something they literally can't control. Christopher might be well aware of this, hence his contract system, although that's in place for possibly multiple other reasons.

A key hormone released during sex is called oxytocin, also known as the 'cuddle hormone'. This lowers one's defenses and makes them trust people more.