11.

Double Trouble
Raina Fuller.
—————————————-

I got off the phone with Daniella not too long ago. For some reason I couldn't help myself as I paced back and forth in the living room. I was a nervous wreck, not because of the contract because now that I think about it, I didn't need a lawyer to point out the obvious. I was nervous because what I knew now would propel me to cut off something that could've blossomed.

I know I could always find another but I hated the idea of sleeping around, he was just so good. Too good to give up but it was the logical thing to do. I just came out of a toxic situation, there's no way on this earth or in this lifetime I'm about waltz into another. I didn't have the time or energy for it at all.

I tried to tell myself that all will be well, but I'm anxious nonetheless. It's like an electrical storm in my brain that, quite honestly, is painful. It's different from a headache and it feels the same as intense sorrow, perhaps as a sort of frozen panic with nowhere to go. So though I appear calm, my sad eyes are saying far more than "Help me," they are saying that my soul is in such unbearable pain.

For once, I wasn't being dramatic I just needed answers. I felt a relief when I heard the keys on the other side before the door swung open.

"You sounded awfully weird over the phone, is everything good?" She asked as she passed me with two bags of groceries.

"That depends" I said as I followed behind her, "Who were you with, today?"

"What do you mean mom?" She asked teasingly as she handed the bags to her helper.

"I saw you today at the grocery store" I said folding my arms.

"Christian offered to take me grocery shopping, what was I suppose to do say no?" She scoffed.

Christian? I looked at her waiting for her to say that she's just playing but instead she was staring at me as if I was a crazy person.

"Christian? Come on we went to that guy's reveal party. You know his name is Christopher. What the fuck is going on?" I was beyond frustrated and really confused.

         "Ugh! I knew he looked familiar" She snapped her fingers as she expressed her shock, "But that doesn't make sense why would he lie about his name and damn how many businesses does he got?"

         "Chances are he lied because he knows that we're friends and he wants to mess with us both" I ran my hand through my hair as I waited for her to be melodramatic. It's really fuck that contract at this point.

          "You're messing with Christian, Christopher whatever his got damn name is too?" She gasped, "I can't- so that's where you got that hickey!"

           "Trust me there's more to that story I don't even wanna get into. He's so fucking messed up. I texted him telling him to get over here but he hasn't replied"

"I wish you told me, this is actually crazy. I'll stop talking to him for you" She responded which made me laugh.

             "Girl do it for his wifey, you know I'm done with him completely"

My phone buzzed grabbing my attention, I looked down to see that he had finally replied with. It wasn't what I was expecting so I was a bit mad but even more impatient. I ended up sending him the text I didn't earlier. I was surprised that he replied immediately.