Chapter 9

Waking up the next morning wasn't the best thing after all it was to yelling and fighting. Groaning I rolled over I stumbled out of bed grabbing my nightgown I headed downstairs.
"What the hell is going on?" I barked with a glare seeing Lancer Artoria and Lancer glaring at each while Caster Gilgamesh had his book out ready to open the gate of Babylon.
"Master he started it" said Lancer Artoria pointing at Lancer.
"Right, Arthur what happened?" I asked seeing the male sitting on the couch with Salter though both looked tense, ready to intervene.
"When Lancer woke up and was calm we figured we could let him out of his bonds and explained about last night. He then insulted you calling you a coward for striking when the enemy was weak" explained Arthur.
"I understand the rest thanks, now sit down so I can get some coffee and breakfast" I said but it looked like they were going to argue.
"I said, sit" I said giving them a cheerful smile but my eyes promised pain if they didn't listen. All of them including Lancer then sat in the lounge room while I whipped up breakfast for us all and coffee though I gave Salter apple juice since she didn't like coffee.
'Shall I explain?' Jeanne enquired.
'No, it's fine though you two should be ready just incase he doesn't react well to the news' I said and they both agreed and I could feel Angelica itching to get out.
"Now then Lancer, from the shared memories you are given when you materialise I'm this world I am sure you know of the rules and regulations of the holy grail war" I said.
"Yes, what I don't understand is why you took me?" Lancer asked.
"Sola-Ui Nuada-Re Sophia-Ri broke a forbidden law of taking another masters command seals without that masters consent. Since she broke a forbidden law she was instantly disqualified from the holy grail war. Therefore you would no longer be able to be materialised" I explained.
"Because of this I decided to make you my own servant so that you may carry on in this world though you will no longer be a participant of the grail wars but a guardian like the spirits that you see with me here" I said with a smile.
"Why me though?" Lancer enquired his fist clenched and his eyebrows furrowed.
"Because you never wanted the holy grail war, all you wanted to do was serve your master which was Kayneth. I won't lie and tell you I like him because truth is, is that I can't stand Kayneth but it was your purpose" I said.
"Then why did you take me?" Lancer demanded.
"Watch it" growled Caster Gilgamesh and I held my hand up.
"He deserves to ask, all your living life and now your spirit life you have served unfair masters that do not respect you, I am giving you a chance. Instead of serving under another stand at my side and serve yourself. Go out find someone to love, have a child or even just go and enjoy yourself instead of holding yourself back let your heart lead you without worrying about the repercussions for once" I smiled and he opened his mouth trying to think on what to say.
"You don't have to answer right now just think on it" I said and he nodded sitting back and slipping into his thoughts.
'I sometimes forget just how different we are' said Angelica.
'You have grown up a lot from the child I remember' said Jeanne fondly.
"Now since Lancer is thinking on his choice why don't we watch Caster, Lancer and Saber's battle" I beamed.
"T hgats my master" yelled Arthur as he jumped me in a hug.
"Your master?!" Lancer Artoria spluttered trying to grab me from the knight.
"You both should un-hand her now" glared Caster Gilgamesh.
"Mine" whispered Salter holding the sleeve of my gown which reminded me that I had to get dressed.
"Aww I love you guys to, let me get dressed and I'll watch the fight" I giggled slipping out of there arms and headed upstairs. After getting dressed in a pair of jeans and a comfortable t shirt I headed back down and got my crystal ball out again noticing that Lancer was watch as well.
"Artoria, Salter if you woupd" I gestured to the crystal and they placed there hands on in. Instantly I brought the picture up ready to watch what happened.

Third person POV

The scene came up showing Caster with a group of children around him.
"Just as I promised you last night, I Giles De Rais have come for you my darling. I wish to see you fair Jeanne, my enchanting and radiantly beautiful holy virgin of my dreams" said Caster with his hand over his chest like in a bow.
"I don't not what is worst, the fact that he is after our counterpart or the fact that the real person he wants is out master" scowled Salter with a glare.
"Both are horrific, the children are already dead so we hold our ground for now" said Lancer Artoria.
"Dead?" Salter asked.
"He has already killed them leaving them as empty shells only holding onto Carter's magic" answered Lancer Artoria.
"Rake your time if you wish, I have come fully prepared for a lengthy wait and will be as attentive and patient as you need me to be" said Caster clicking his fingers to snap the fake children out of there trance.
"Now children, it is them for us to play some hide and seek. The rules are simple you only need to allude me but if I find you" warned Caster picking the fake child up with his hand crushing his head. Both Lancer Artoria and Salter had to hold themselves back from attacking and killing Caster right then and there.
"I may be horrible and thirst for blood but he just makes me sick" sneered Salter.
"By the time this ends I will have run him threw if not someone will have killed him" snarled Lancer Artoria.
"Run children when I count to a hundred the chase begins, well Jeanne how long do you think it will take for me to catch them all and win the game?" Caster asked.
"Saber is coming out, it seems like Caster's plan worked though I wish our counterpart would use her head a little bit more" sighed Lancer Artoria.
"In a way I can not believe that I use to be like that" said Salter watching her former self run into battle with no plan. When Saber got there all she saw around her were the dead bodies of the fake children.
"Welcome fair Jeann, how do you like this horrible sight does it not pain you?" Caster asked stroking the last fake child's head.
"That's just....just" tried Lancer Artoria, not being able to come up with something to describe Caster.
"Creepy, evil, disgusting, despicable? All of the above" described Salter and her older counterpart nodded.
"Do you despise me Jeanne? Yes I'm sure you must, I'm certain you'll never forgive me for turning from gods love" said Caster almost sulking.
"Unhand the child, monster!" Saber yelled.
"Jeanne, if you so dearly wish to save the boy then...Child you should rejoice and be exceedingly glad, gods devout messenger says that she will save you from the fate of your departed friends" Caster grinned letting the fake child run to Saber hugging her.
"It's dangerous here now you need to run, just follow this path and you'll find a castle" smiled Saber at least until Caster's magic ripped the coat off wrapping Saber in its tentacles.
"Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse" scowled Lancer Artoria looking queasy.
"She shouldn't have let her guard down" commented Salter though she too looked queasy as the rest of the children's corpses let out another tentacle monster each.
"Do you not remember what I told you, I said the very next time we would meet I would be prepared for you" grinned Caster chuckling.
"Very well, my fight with you is no longer over the grail" announced Saber letting mana pour off her and rip the tentical monster that was holding her apart.
"Oh my fair Jeanne, how noble, how beautiful, oh holy virgin even gods beauty pales before you" said Caster.
"If he gets within thirty feet of Master, he is dead" swore Lancer Artoria.
"Master does not need our protection but I agree if he found out that the real Jeanne D'arc was possessing Lucy who knows what he would do" shuttered Salter.
"Caster, I take up my sword solely t destroy you, prepare" yelled Artoria as she dashed forth slashing at the monsters. All that managed to do though was double the amount of monsters that were there.
"Seems she is having trouble because she can't use her left hand and in turn can't use Excalibur" noted Lancer Artoria.
"She should learn to fight without her noble phantasim, perhaps it is better that Lancer cut her with his spear" commented Salter. Saber continued to kill the monsters though from her panting she was starting to become tired.
"Who is this? Is there no end to his mana?" Saber asked herself while Caster giggled.
"His book" said Salter and Lancer Artoria hummed in agreement.
"So that book is your noble phantasim?" Saber asked.
"That's right, the grimore left to me by the legendary Digaprolati gives me the ample means to command an demonic legion to do my will. What do you think my fair Jeanne? It brings back memories doesn't it? Everything is just as it was then, your indomitable warriors spirit and my noble baring proves you to be none other then Jeanne D'arc so why fair Jeanne why do you not awaken to the truth of this? Do you still believe in gods grace even now? Faced with mortal peril you still believe a miracle will save you? How terribly tragic, have you forgotten the battle of Comien, even after that awful humiliation you still chose to remain gods puppet" ranted Caster yelling at the end making more monsters attack Saber. One of the monsters managed to grab Saber's leg that set off her getting grabbed by the arms, other leg and finally her neck.
"Get ready to interfere if need be" ordered Lancer Artoria grabbing her lance ready while Salter drew her Excalibur Morgan. Fortunatly it seems that they needn't worry about that since Lancer's two spears came done killing the monsters and freeing Saber.
"Rather pathetic, such swordsmenship is unworthy of a title king of knights" said Lancer winking at Saber.
"Who are you? And who gave you leave to interfere with our private affair?" Caster demanded as Saber got up going back to back with Lancer.
"Yes well that is my question to you monster, it will be my lance alone that takes Saber's life" declared Lancer.
"Kinda cute" giggled Lancer Artoria.
"Huh? You have crush on Lancer?" Salter asked confused.
"Oh poor naive young one, don't worry about that I prefer blondes" shrugged Lancer Artoria.
"Ahh! No it was my pray, it was my holy grail that brought her back to life. She is mine intruder, every scrap of flesh, every drop of blood, even her very soul belongs to me" yelled Caster pulling out some of his hair.
"Listen Caster, I am not gonna comment on your bazaar notion of romance here, so if you really believe your gonna make Saber yours here today then go ahead and try it but know that I, Diremund will never allow you to defeat a crippled Saber in any sort of battle before I can" announced Lancer.
"Oh my Lord I just got the worse picture" Lancer Artoria groaned holding her head.
"In a way it's understandable" said Salter.
"What?!" Lancer Artoria spluttered shocked.
"I said it was understandable but it is still creepy and I won't allow him near Master" said Salter as they went back to watching.
"You came....to help?" Saber questioned.
"Don't get the wrong idea, the only thing that brought me here today was the order to find and defeat Caster and so I believe cooperation is our best option right?" Lancer smiled and Saber smiled back with a nod.
"Just to be perfectly clear Lancer right now, I could kill a hundred of those things with just my left arm" challenged Saber.
"A mere hundred is child's play" smirked Lancer as they both shot forth.
"You will pay, don't be coincided you savage" yelled Caster. Even though they kept attacking and killing the monsters they just kept regenerating. The amount of mana that Caster had from both existing and also from killing humans was making it seem like he would never run out of mana.
"I'm honestly stunned that we've made so little progress with these things" said Lancer.
"It's that grimore Lancer, as long as he holds that noble phantasim our situation will not improve" explained Saber.
"I see so that's his secret, of course if you plan to go over and knock the book from that pale freaks hands you've got a problem. You need to get past his big wall of monsters first" said Lancer.
"Well then what's you to say taking in an all or nothing gamble?" Saber asked.
"It feels a but shameful but there's no glory in simply tightly these ugly things. Very well count me in Saber" grinned Lancer.
"I shall clear a path for you, you will have but one chance at this. Lancer can you run on the wind?" Saber enquired making Lancer chuckle.
"I understand it's child's play" said Lancer turning to Caster.
"How delightful, have you two said your prays? Tremble down to your souls and sink into despair. Superior skill can only defeat so many before being completely overwhelmed by sheer numbers" laughed Caster.
"It must be humiliating, you will die suffocating under a horde of monsters that know nothing of honour or glory. There can be no greater disgrace for a hero. Ha, oh that beautiful face of yours make it twist into torment and pain for me Jeanne" yelled Caster making the monsters all attack.
"Strike air" yelled Saber making a tunnel of wind that would tear the monsters apart. Lancer however managed to run up the middle of the tunnel straight to Caster.
"Prepare to die, strike him Gei Jarugu" yelled Lancer using his red lance to cut into Caster's grimore which in turn made the monsters burst into blood.
"Damn you, damn you, damn you, damn you, damn you, damn you" screamed Caster.
"Did you like that had Saber had the use of her left hand, well you would have experienced the same" grinned Lancer.
"Prepare to die, monster" glared Saber while Caster glared hard looking furious.
"You struggle in vain" said Saber racing for Caste but was stopped as he left out mana that fogged up the area with red smoke allowing him to get away.
"Disgusting, he is nothing but a sniveling coward" scowled Saber.
"Lancer, is something wrong?" Saber questioned seeing Lancer's distraction.
"It's my master, he's in danger it seems he left me here and breached the castle himself" sighed Lancer.
"I'm certain the danger comes from my own master. Lancer hurry to his side, go to your masters aid" said Saber.
"It's no wonder her kingdom fell" sneered Lancer Artoria disgusted.
"King of knights, you have my thanks" said Lancer bowing his head.
"Think nothing of it, you and I have sworn to settle matters in a manor befitting two knights let us keep out pride intact" said Saber making Lancer nod before he left.
"Let's go" said Salter.
"I agree just seeing her disgusts me at the moment" scowled Lancer Artoria as they left.

Lucy's POV

After we finished watching the battle I felt Jeanne pushing to the surface and I knew why. She was angry, sad and horrified at what had become of her friend.
"What have you done Giles, how could you fall so far" growled Jeanne taking control with a sharpened glare as she got to her feet.
'Go to the training room' I said.
'Let your anger out so that when it comes to the battle against Caster you will not let it control you' said Angelica.
"I'm going to the training room, please either stay here or go out also Gilgamesh please explain to Lancer about us" said Jeanne as she left. I allowed Jeanne to take her frustration and anger out while I rest after all the battle was approaching.