Chapter 6

When I got back to the house I saw that Waver and Rider were sitting in the lounge room. There was also a tense silent that had me chuckling. Waver was never the friendliest person.
"Sorry to keep you waiting, you guys can head out now keep me posted on anything that happens" I said and they nodded leaving as I sat down.
"Should I get you some coffee, tea or any other drinks?" I asked.
"Jeanne what's going on?" Waver demanded with a glare.
"As I told you and all of the other masters and servants I am of the Ruler class meaning I watch over the holy grail war to make sure no one breaks the rules. There are a lot of rules that can be bent but not broken" I said.
"Why didn't you tell me?" Waver asked sounding hurt.
"I didn't want you to get pulled into the grail wars.....Even with you being my friend I can't help you in the war nor can I show favouritism to you" I smiled sadly.
"Tell me boy, is this your woman?" Rider boomed making us look at each out.
"Me?" I asked.
"With me?" Waver asked. We both burst into laughter at the thought of us being together.
"What is amusing?" Rider asked not understanding.
"Sorry about that, it's just me and Waver are like siblings in fact my parents have more then once wanted to adopt him" I explained.
"Do you parents know about this?" Waver asked.
"No they don't" I said my head a little down.
'You should explain to him about us, he will understand' said Jeanne.
'I agree though I didn't know Waver very well from what I remember he was pretty good' said Angelica.
"I'm going to tell you something that can not leave this room" I said to both of them.
"You have my word, Ruler that I will not share this" said Rider.
"You know me Anne, I don't tell anyone" said Waver.
"I was born in Fiore the second world as you know Waver but I was born with magic circuits though there was something else" I started.
"When I was born I was chosen by two different heroic spirits, heroic spirit Jeanne D'arc and Heroic spirit Angelica Ainsworth" I said and there eyes widened as I changed before there eyes.
"My name is Jeanne D'arc one of the spirits that resides within Lucy it's a pleasure to meet you" smiled Jeanne before letting Angelica take control.
"Just know that if you plan to try and hurt Lucy, I'll destroy you" glared Angelica before letting me in control again.
"Wow" said Waver not seeming to be able to say anything else. Then again it wasn't something easy to take in.
"So you are actually this Lucy?" Rider asked.
"Yes my real name is Lucy Heartfielia around two years ago I changed it legally to Jeanne D'arc Ainsworth to get away from people trying to court me" I explained my name to them.
"I know who Jeanne is but who is Angelica?" Waver asked having processed me being possessed now.
"Angelica Ainsworth is a heroic spirit from a different dimension, in fact she is myself from a different dimension" I said.
"That's explains why those two females with you look like Saber" said Waver.
"I can't fully explain that, it would reveal who Saber is and as the person who is watching our the grail war I can't do that" I said shaking my head.
"You can just call the older one Lancer A and the younger one Alter" I said.
"It is starting to get late" noted Rider.
"You guys should head home.....Waver I'm sorry" I said smiling sadly.
"I understand Anne, you don't need to blame yourself" smiled Waver hugging me.
"I shall look forward to our next meeting Ruler" boomed Rider
"I'll talk to you both later, stay safe" I said and they nodded leaving. Sighing I headed to the kitchen to grab a sandwich before sinking into the lounge chair switching the TV on. There was no interesting news except for the coverage on the building Kiritsugu blew up.
'Jeanne, do you think it's possible for me to meddle in the war?' I asked.
'What do you mean meddle?' Angelica enquired.
'From your memories this war doesn't end well for anyone and I want to stop that. If I'm this powerful and with you guys making me the Ruler class can't we do anything?' I asked. All my thoughts were on Angelica's Shirou, with Sakura and Kariya Mato even the Tokiomi family didn't deserve what happened to them.
'Lucy let me ask you something, do you know why the holy grail war needs a leader class?' Jeanne questioned.
'To watch over the fights and make sure they don't break the rules' I answered.
'Your not wrong about that but there is a different reason as well. The ruler class is mostly around to protect the innocent people, the non-magi people from Angelica's memories we have no choice but to change times around' smiled Jeanne.
'The explosion killed everyone but Kiritsugu, Shirou, Kirei and Gilgamesh. There were a lot of innocent deaths' whispered Angelica probably thinking about Shirou.
'We will make sure that he grows up better and if he gets adopted by Kiritsugu then we will make sure that he stays alive' I promised her.
"We're home" called a voice making me look up to see Arthur and Caster Gilgamesh were back.
"Was there any trouble?" I asked them.
"Not really though we should watch Kayneth" said Caster Gilgamesh.
"Oh? Please share" I said gesturing him to then to sit.
"We were watching over Kayneth and can I just say that he is just a really unlikable person" said Arthur making me smile a little.
"Yes of course he is" I hummed.
"Anyway he is going to attack Kiritsugu Emiya in his own home so we will need to watch out for that" said Arthur.
"It seems that Kirei Kotomine had a clash with Maiya the woman helping Kiritsugu both cominging out unharmed" Caster Gilgamesh informed me.
"Good job guys thank you" I smiled
"Master there is something urgent that has come up" said Lancer Artoria as she and Alter walked in out of breath. "What is it?" I asked them all smiles fading.
"It is Caster and his Master, they approached Saber and Illysviel but he called Saber, Jeanne" said Lancer Artoria.
"What did he look like?" Jeanne asked taking control.
"He was wearing this weird cloak, has black hair, really big eyes that make him look like he has no eyelids and his pupils are black" said Alter.
"Put your hands on this orb so that I can get a clear picture" said Jeanne.
"He also called her darling and commented about waiting for Jeanne to be resurrected" said Lancer Artoria as she placed her hand on the orb.
"He also thinks that she doesn't realise who she is and wants to free her heart" noted Alter. The picture then projected from the orb making Jeanne's eyes widened so did my own and Angelica's since we had seen this man in Jeanne's memories.
"I know him....What happened to him" whispered Jeanne her eyes showing sorrow.
"May we ask who this is?" Arthur asked gently.
"His name is Giles de Rais, during my living years we were comrades we fought side by side until of course I was burn at the stake my guess is that this drove him crazy. This is no longer the wise man I once knew and fought side by side with, he is now gone and lost to his own madness from my death" said Jeanne as she closed her eyes in pain.
'Let me take control' ordered Angelica and she came to the front since she was the only one that could control her emotions. Though that was mostly because she only had sadness and anger.
'Tell me old friend what has happened to you, where has your faith in God gone' whispered Jeanne but we didn't answer since we knew she wasn't talking to us.
"The other two are possessing this at the moment is there any other news?" Angelica asked.
"Yes" said Alter with a nod.
"Both Caster and his Master have been...have been" Lancer Artoria tried to force the words out but couldn't bring herself to say anything.
"They have been kidnapping children and murdering them in horrific ways" Alter bluntly said with no emotions.
'What?' I roared in anger and Angelica's face twisted in disgust.
"What are we going to do?" Arthur hissed looking ready to kill them.
"First we need to calm down, rushing into a battle isn't going to help anything. All it will do is get us hurt" Angelica said.
"And after that?" Caster Gilgamesh questioned his hands clenched.
"After that we ready ourselves for the hunt of Caster, he has broken the rules normally we would give him two strikes but considering how many children have gone missing he has merited the hunt" said Angelica and they nodded. They all then changed into there armours including Angelica since she knew that I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I killed someone.
'When we fight him, I shall take over' said Jeanne.
'Are you sure?' I asked.
'Yes Giles is my old friend it is time for him to pay penance for the lives he has taken and it is my judy to serve that penance' said Jeanne.
'Very well' said Angelica as they got ready to head out. At least that was the plan until they heard the voice echo through there heads.
"I'm afraid I must inform you that the grail war is in grave peril. We have identified Carter's master as the person behind the recent kidnappings in Fuyuki, a disturbing revelation indeed. Thus in accordance with the emergency powers granted to me as overseer, I am temporarily altering the rules of the grail war. Masters are to hearby cease all on going combat in pursuit of the grail and focus on the elimination of Caster instead. The one who succeeds in defeating Caster and his master will receive an additional command seal as there reward. These are the unused command seals left behind by the fallen masters of past grail wars, one of them should prove to be of immeasurable value of who ever receives it. Once Casters destruction has been positively confirmed the holy grail war will recormence until a Victor emerges. Now then if anyone has questions please ask them now but of course that offer is limited to those who speak in human languages" said Risei Kotomine, the overseer of the grail wars.
"Excuse me, I'm heading out stay here unless you sense a battle" I said taking control back with rage burning in my eyes. I didn't bother to change from the golden armour that Angelica normally wore but I did instantly pulled Durandal out of the gates of Babylon.
"I have a question" I said gruffly with a glare not caring that the priest was speaking to Tokiomi.
"Jeanne" said Risei.
"Tell me who are you to change the rules of the grail war? Give me a good reason right now why I shouldn't strip you of your post" I growled.
"Caster must be stopped therefore I took the most logical path" said Risei.
"No your trying to make sure that Tokiomi wins, I should rip your post away just for that after all an overseer is meant to oversee in a non-bias way" I barked with a glare.
"We also have the ability in an emergency to change the rules" said Risei.
"No you have the ability to call upon the Ruler type class to discuss the emergency and then if it is deemed serious enough then and only then will the Ruler class announce a change of rules" I said.
"What are you going to do?" Risei asked eyeing Durandal.
"I am not going to kill you if that is what you are worried about but from now on you are on probation and will no longer be able to make any decision towards that holy grail wars that do not go threw me first" I said.
"You seem to think past your job, your job as overseer is exactly that to oversee things and make sure the innocents are not harmed other then that the rest of the job goes to the Ruler class which is me. This includes enforcing the rules, changing the rules and destroying those that break those rules, be warned you shall from here on out be watched no matter what you do seeing as you can't be trusted" I warned as I turned and left leaving some of my mana wrapped around his ankle like a familiar.
"You okay?" Arthur asked as I got back home.
"Yes I'm just tired, tomorrow is going to be a long day so we should rest while we can" I said with a sigh.
"Up we go" said Arthur and I yelped before blushing as he picked me up bridel style.
"What are you doing?" I spluttered.
"Well you said you were tired so I'll carry you to bed before retiring for the night" beamed Arthur with one of his breath taking smiles.
"W-w-whatever" I stuttered looking away as he chuckled. It didn't help when the chuckle was joined by Jeanne's laughed and Angelica's smirk. Once sitting me on my bed Arthur told me the others were either resting or out before kissing my hand and leaving. After a warm bath and changing my clothes I slipped into bed with a yawn and turned out the lights hoping that nothing would happen tonight so I could sleep.