When my mother passed away and everyone had been vulnerable, in the time of mourning, Karen surely became protective and quite possessive of me. My grandmother worried about Karen's behaviour, more so that it would set my father off. My grandparents confessed that in all these years, they were filled with both regret and guilt, for missing out on witnessing me grow up.

My grandmother had cried hearing about what I had gone through, in all these years, while my grandfather, was both dissapointed and angry, at himself for not being there, mostly towards those who'd caused harm to me. We didn't even need to convince them to testify against Karen, because they offered their help.

They were shocked to find out about Beverley and I understood, their reasons for wanting to see her. She was their granddaughter at the end of the day. Besides, them meeting her would bring somewhat hope, for Beverley to understand that she has family and, she doesn't need to harm anyone, to get what she wants.

The talk of the court case and the hard truths I learnt, had me feeling quite overwhelmed. Nick had been of great help and I couldn't thank him enough, for reuniting me with my grandparents. His digging and prodding unveiled some hidden truths, in which today, had to be laid out infront of the court.

 His digging and prodding unveiled some hidden truths, in which today, had to be laid out infront of the court

Truths could be harsh when they finally come out but the necessity, of them coming out were important. In my case it was.

It took alot of strength and courage, to neither fall apart when I took the stand and saw my aunt, or when I had to bear hearing what was said. Hours upon hours and right there, Roman was beside me. He calmed me with his presence and he comforted me, when he took my hand in his.

Sofia and my family got justice against my aunt, for her role in being killed. The man who'd done the act of causing that car accident, had taken a plea deal and spilled about my aunt's involvement. Roman had also gotten his justice for his mother and his adoptive mother.

There were also other crimes, though incomparable to murder, though they still were crimes. One thing was clear, that aunt Karen would go away for a long time. Her lawyers were sure to convince the jury and judge, that she is mentally unstable and needed professional help.

In regards to Beverley and Kyle, for attempted murder, they received their own punishment. They were charged and would no longer, hold a threat upon my life. To think things would end there, our lawyers brought forth something I'd thought, would end up just a bad memory.

That one Summer Night.

Another charge of attempted murder had been laid against Kyle and Beverley. The rest of the group of teens, which included Danny, Amber, Hailey and 4 other people, they got off with a warning and a week, of community service. Due to the lack of evidence, nothing much could be done.

One area that had me wonder, about what manner of evil was this, to let yourself go to this extent, to cover up something so important. Danny might have hidden the truth of what happened that night, but the act in which his uncle took part, for things to be left hidden, it surely had caused chills to run down my spine.