||C58||

~

Jungwoos lips curved downward in a frown while he watched his soulmate. She sat silently on the couch as Doyoung rubbed disinfected alcohol on her scraped shoulder.

Faye sent a small smile towards Jungwoo when she she noticed him watching her-his gaze quickly snapped away when they made eye connect.

"There you go." Doyoung hastily grabbed the first aid kit and walked out of the room before Faye could thank him.

"I'm going bed" Faye coughed out as she stood up from the couch. Jungwoo parted his lips to say goodnight but closed them and peered at the girl as she wobbled out of the room.

Grunting Jungwoo leaned his head farther into the couch. He heard loud foot steps echo on the floor and felt the couch dip next to him.

"You like her don't you." Jaehyuns velvety voice asked.

Jungwoo sot up and looked him right in the eyes. "I uh-I don't know"

Jaehyuns forehead creased. "Explain."

Fiddling with his ring finger Jungwoo racked his brain for the right words. "Faye and I have gotten closer and all-but I don't think she thinks of me in that way"

Jaehyun nodded his head as he comprehended what Jungwoo was saying.

"She still is so confusing and I can never tell what she's thinking." Jungwoo scratched the nape of his neck. "I think I just need to see what happens-not push things you know?"

"You didn't answer my question-do you like her?"

Jungwoo pursed his lips into a thin line. He wasn't sure how he felt. He couldn't deny that fact that he found her attractive-but was she a good fit for him?

She can't express her feelings nor does she seem to care about Jungwoos-yet Jungwoo felt this inexplicable connection with her. He found himself wanting to make her smile and a feeling of ecstasy that swells up in his chest when she looks at him.

Jaehyun knowingly grinned at him-he already knew the answer by the way Jungwoos eyes glossed over when he mentioned her.

"I'll let you think a little more" Jaehyun ruffled the younger boys hair before heading to bed.

                                     ~

Faye propped her head in her hands as she laid on her stomach. Music was blasting through the speakers in the familiar practice room.

It was Saturday and NCT 127 were having last minute rehearsals before their concert tomorrow night.

Her eyes aimlessly scanned the book in front of her- the words were starting to morf into one blob the more she stared at it. Rubbing her eyes she closed the book and began to admire the boys dancing.

Guiltily her gaze stuck to Jungwoo. She felt her self immersed in the way he danced. It reminded her of the first time she saw him in the practice room-they had both come so far.

The music cut off as the members dispersed around the room-Faye narrowed her eyes when she saw a annoyed frown settle on Jungwoos face as he plopped in the couch across the room.

Faye crawled up from the floor and walked over to her distraught soulmate.

Jungwoos large fingers fumbled through his fanny pack as he yanked out a pair of tangled headphones. Gingerly Faye sat beside Jungwoo- she watched as his face screwed up in a scowl as the headphones wouldn't untangle.

Wordlessly Faye grabbed the headphones from his hands and began silently untying them. She felt Jungwoos surprised gaze on her the whole time.

"Here." Faye handed the now untied headphones back to him. She wasn't sure what was wrong-but decided against asking him.

His expression softened at the girl as he plugged them into his phone and shoved them in his ear. Fayes shoulder leaned on his as he listened to music.

"Faye?" Jungwoo spoke up after ten minutes of her awkwardly sitting beside him. She looked up from her fingers "Sorry I was mad- I couldn't get a part right, so Taeyong said I had to listen to the music till I got the tempo"

Faye pursed her lips. "It's okay-I understand how it feel when you can't get something right"

"Thanks for uh-untying my headphones" Jungwoo scratched the name of his neck.

Lightly smiling Faye turned away and looked back down at the ground. Jungwoos eyes darted around as an idea flew into his head.

"If you want you can listen with me?" Jungwoo stammered as her eyes met his.

"Sure" Faye beamed. Jungwoo anxiously held out a ear bud for her. Placing it in her ear she scooted closer to him so the earbuds wouldn't stretch.

The soulmates sat in a comfortable silence as music drummed through Jungwoos headphones.

We all know Jungwoo is rich enough to have AirPods-and he does. However for the sake of the story we will say he lost them or 'sum

~coolbroski22