||C29||

~

Faye hiked up the stairs- in hopes of finding something to eat for dinner. She was surprised to see the main floor completely empty.

Doyoung had said to help her self to anything in the kitchen. Deciding the instant ramen on the counter was perfect for her microscopic cooking skills- she began cooking.

As she boiled the water she heard soft foot steps patter to the kitchen. Faye spun around to see Mark pulling out a frying pan to cook an egg.

"Hey." He greeted her.

"Hi." They began cooking in a comfortable silence.

"Oh shit." Mark swore. Faye glanced at his pan. It looked like an egg crime scene.

"Congratulations your the first person I've seen to mess up cooking an egg." She teased.

"Can you do any better?" Mark nagged.

Faye confidently strutted up to the stove and attempted to fix his egg disaster.

"No your making it worse!" Mark laughed trying to grab the spatula from her hand.

Faye swatted his hand away. "Don't worry I got this we just need to flip it."

As Marks hands were frantically trying to grab the pan and spatula- Faye was attempting to flip the egg.

They froze as they watched in slow motion as the egg flew in their faces and covered the wall and counter behind them.  

"We're dead." Mark began scrambling to clean up the egg. "Hurry we need to clean it up before Doyoung-"

"Mark!" A voice boomed from downstairs. Thundering footsteps climbed the stairs.

Doyoung, Taeyong and Jungwoo all emerged from downstairs.

"What the hell happened?" Doyoungs eyes wandered the messy kitchen.

"We made eggs." Mark and Faye stood paralyzed under their gaze.

Taeyong brushed his fingers through his hair. "Mark we told you that your not allowed to cook. Remember last time?"

Mark smiled sheepishly and muttered an apology. It took everything in Fayes body not to burst out laughing-she felt terrible but how could this happen twice?

"Just clean it up." Doyoung muttered as he walked away with Taeyong. Jungwoo stood still.

Faye couldn't hold it- a giggle escaped her lips. "How does this happen twice?"

"It's a long story." Mark huffed as he began cleaning the eggs. Faye picked up a cloth and helped him.

Jungwoo stood there-almost in a trace. This was the loudest he had ever heard Faye laugh and he wasn't a part of it. A unfamiliar feeling began growing in his gut- it was almost a jealousy but he would never admit it.

~

It was nearing seven at night when Mark and Faye had cleaned up their egg murder scene and happily ate ramen together.

Jungwoo felt he needed to talk through his unknowen feeling- he went to the person he always confided in.

"Doyoung do you think Faye likes Mark and Haechan better than me?" The younger one asked.

Jungwoo was seated across from Doyoung on the older boys bed.

"I don't think she does but Mark and Haechan have been spending a lot of time with her." Doyoung replied.

"I get that Haechan and her are closer in age- but why Mark?" Jungwoo racked his mind for reasons that Faye could like Mark more than him.

"First of all they both speak English so it easier to communicate." Jungwoo nodded. "Secondly they are a lot a like personality wise."

Jungwoo stayed silent in confusion.

"It's like this; Faye is super awkward and shy around everyone- Mark can be too"

"But I'm shy too and Faye and I have barely any connection." Jungwoo countered.

"True but you're more open. Both Faye and Mark have trouble expressing there feelings- so when ever they are together they just don't talk about feelings, resulting in a less stressful relationship."

Jungwoo scratched his head. "So I shouldn't talk to Faye about my feelings?"

"No. You need to talk to her about your feelings."

"But-"

"Jungwoo that's the diffence between you and Mark. Mark is incapable of getting Faye to share her feelings- you can; which is a necessity in a functional relationship." Doyoung explained.

"The last time we talked about feelings we both ended up crying." Jungwoo slumped his broad shoulders.

"That's better than Fayes ever present frown." Doyoung chuckled. "You two barely spend any time together-get to know her Jungwoo. Take lead in the bond and break the barrier that stops you from getting closer."

Why are there so many there's in the English language? Like tf there, their and they're??

~coolbroski22

❁ 𝗦𝗶𝗹𝗲𝗻𝘁 𝗚𝗮𝘇𝗲 ❁ |NCT Kim Jungwoo|On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara