||C3||

~

"I don't know mum. I just always feel like a outsider with them." Faye said-confiding to her mom over the phone for advice.

"Heejin and Eunbi have been friends since they were born. I'll always feel like a outsider to them."

"Faye this is what I was worried about. Why don't you just come home after graduation?"

This is why Faye rarely opened up to her parents- every time she did they tried to fix it without taking into consideration how Faye would fix the problem herself. Not that it was a bad thing to fix problems but sometimes Faye just wanted someone who would listen to her without trying to pry and magically solve all her problems.

"No mum I've already got a university plan lined up." Faye wanted this conversation to be over it was turning into her mom pitying her which would lead to babying her.

"It's late here, I'll call you soon. Love you mum"

And with that Faye hung up the phone, mind clouded with what her mum had said about coming home after graduation.

Faye wasn't going to let that happened. She had worked endless nights studying Korean and worked three after school and weekend jobs to pay for this opportunity. She would not let her anxiety fuck this up for her.

                                      ~

The morning sun cascaded down Fayes egg shell walls. A small groan left her lips as her eyes adjusted to the light.

Today was Saturday. Normally Faye would watch TV, binge eat Korean snacks and mope around in bed but not today.

The anxious girl was standing in the shower thinking about the concert.

Faye made her way to the kitchen, hearing the regular banter of Mr and Mrs.Choi.

"Morning." Faye said taking her usual seat beside Mrs.Choi while Mr.Choi cooked up breakfast.

"Do you need a ride to the concert? I can drive you." Mr.Choi volunteered. "You shouldn't take the bus late at night."

Mr.Choi was a old greying man. His once jet black hair was a grey almost white. If Faye could describe him in one word it would be jolly almost childish.

His wife was almost the opposite. The first time Faye ever saw her smile was when a lady fell out of the elevated after tripping on a little boy.

"You better be back before you're curfew." Mrs.Choi picked at her food-her gaze never leaving Fayes eyes.

Faye quickly nodded. Letting her gaze drop down to her breakfast. "Eunbi is picking us up. Thanks for the offer though."

A knot like pain drilled through her head. A muffled groan arose from Fayes lips.

"Faye are feeling okay? Did you hit your head?" Mr.Choi exclaimed rushing over to see if she was okay.

"How could she hit her head? She's been sitting her ." Mrs.Choi remarked-rather snappy.

"N-no I'm fine. I'm just going to go to my room." Faye stood up the pain in her head subsiding as she walked to her room. Mr.Soulmate really needs to stop hurting himself.