sixty - six - "B.C.B: Booty Call Bailey" - sixty - six

"He doesn't know that. He's an idiot. For all he knows, it could be the worst day of his life. You know how people say, 'Who knows? I could get hit by a bus tomorrow.' That seems pretty farfetched. Until you have a friend who got hit by a bus. The point is you never know what kind of day is coming. Whenever we think we know the future, even for a second, it changes. Sometimes the future changes quickly and completely. And we're left only with the choice of what to do next. We can choose to be afraid of it, to stand there, trembling, not moving, assuming the worst that can happen. Or we step forward, into the unknown, and assume it will be brilliant."
-Cristina Yang, S10E24, "Fear (of the Unknown)"

"When I was 5, my mom lost me in a park. I don't remember much, except that one minute I was riding the carousel and the next, she was gone. I don't remember how I found her. I don't remember how I got home. All I remember is what happened next. She told me not to worry. She told me everything would be fine. She told me it was time to play the quiet game, so I knew I wasn't supposed to ask any questions. Or else, I might have told her I forgot my doll. I loved that doll so much. It killed me to leave it behind. Funny, isn't it, the way memory works? The things you can't quite remember, and the things you can never forget. There can be beauty in getting lost. Sometimes we have to get lost to find each other. And sometimes we find each other, only to get lost all over again. You can't always control it, the thing that's going to set you adrift. And as you stand there on the front porch, staring at the life you're about to leave behind, you have to accept it's gone, it's lost, just like you. All you can do now is stand very still, breathe in the moment, and try to be open to wherever the wind's going to take you next."
-Meredith Grey, S11E1, "I Must Have Lost It on the Wind"

"I love puzzles. Since I was a kid. My record for the Friday New York Times crosswords is 11 minutes, when I was 13. I'm still trying to beat that. Okay, that sounds braggy. I just mean, once I pick a puzzle up, I can't put it down until it's solved. I think puzzles are why I went into medicine. That's what most of medicine is. Gather all available information, assess the problem, you focus your attention, and you solve the puzzle. People are a harder puzzle. There's never one right answer and you never have all of the information. Most puzzles come down to one last piece of information missing. Whether it's the answer to a medical mystery or to the question of who you are, where you fit, it all comes down to that last piece. That's why the final piece of a jigsaw puzzle is so satisfying to place. Unless of course, the piece doesn't quite fit. That can make you wish you never opened the puzzle in the first place."
-Maggie Pierce, S11E2, "Puzzle With a Piece Missing"

"On an operating table, a person is at his most vulnerable. Naked. Exposed. Skin is not a very tough armor. It's soft, easily broken. Surgeons are bred to be invulnerable. It's very hard to lay ourselves bare, because we know exactly how deep some injuries can go. But vulnerability isn't the opposite of strength. It's a necessary part. We have to force ourselves to open up, to expose ourselves. To offer up everything we have and just pray that it's good enough. Otherwise, we'll never succeed."
-Meredith Grey, S11E3, "Got to Be Real"

[a/n: while we're entering season 11, remember that anna is now 19, zola is now 4, and bailey is now 1. they will all age again by the end of the season. usually, i'll age them by season & look at it as another year gone by... since that's how grey's timeline in the show (mostly) goes.]

Cristina was officially leaving to take over Burke's hospital in Switzerland and taking Shane with her, Arizona and Callie struggled with the idea of getting a surrogate, Amelia was officially working at the hospital and staying in Seattle, and Meredith dropped a bomb about not wanting to leave to D.C... and that wasn't even the worst of it yet. It was the beginning of the week and everyone's lives were going to be changed by one person, a new face, Dr. Pierce, who was taking over for Cristina.