33. Trust From the King

Start from the beginning

"You're right...even though you frightened me in the process...sorry - I forget, there's a baby in your arms. I was surprised you didn't swing fists at me, but then I saw the baby...so... My bad." He mumbles to me.

I nod, accepting that weak excuse for an apology. Though he didn't have to apologize...so I'll definitely take it.

"Look, we need to work together in this. I know I was harsh in how I handled my words to you before in Japan...so I understand if I'm on your bad list. But get this, now we get to find your son and possibly bring him back into your lives." I smile, rubbing Titan's back as I heard him sleeping. His breathing smooth and his cute face smushed up against my shoulder. "Also, talk quietly - Titan is asleep."

Sorrel nodded, looking at Titan and a soft grin came to his lips.

"When...Jun was born he wasn't as tiny as Titan - but he was still small and not average size, there was still concern. I...loved holding him and feeling like, this is my baby - he is my life, my everything. How could Gideon's father do this to me?...how could he do that to his son to begin with? Is he that demented? That insane? That inconsiderate? I just don't get how he could take away someone's baby as if he has the right - I want to kill him." Sorrel ended abruptly, causing me to snort at his abrupt ending.

"Don't we all? Don't worry...Gideon shot him when he learned the truth. He was pissed off, like...he wasn't even himself. I didn't recognize him at all. That was the one time I was afraid of him...he was heartbroken too. Don't think he wasn't because he was. I was an idiot and tried to convince to leave Jun alone, but I was wrong for thinking so...and Kenji showed me the error of my thinking." I explain to him shyly, and Sorrel just snickered at my words.

It was still saddening to see him look at me so solemnly. There was a hint of pain in his eyes and I saw them water again.

"Sorrel?" I say his name softly, and he nods. "Would you like to hold Titan?"

He nodded quickly as his lips began to tremble, and I go close to him. Sorrel taking Titan gently and held him to his chest. As he held him I saw him start crying again. I saw Titan begin to realize that he wasn't being held by me anymore and started to whimper again.

Sorrel started to rock him in his arms, but Titan wasn't having it at all. He only got more antsy and louder, Sorrel sighing as he gave Titan back to me.

"I don't think Titan likes me..." Sorrel groaned, and I chuckle.

"He's just tired. He was hungry before I got here and I fed him, he's also very keen on being with me because the first few weeks he was alive...I couldn't hold him like I wanted to." I explain as I hear Titan sigh in content against me. "Look, I don't want to fight with you or not get along - I genuinely want to help you. The way we are going to do that is by snooping around."

I rush to the couch, taking off my book bag as I set it beside me. I take out my Mac and set it on my lap, getting onto Safari.

"What? The internet is your answer?" He asked me sadly, sitting beside me as he watched me work my magic.

"Hell yeah! Kenji gave me some links that helps with finding children that are in the system, in foster care, that have been put up for adoption, adopted...all that good stuff." I inform him, and I start putting in Gideon and Sorrel's name.

I find myself smirking, nodding at Sorrel who looked skeptical.

"You need to be positive bitch. This will work, this is by far one of the best sites. I'm pretty sure it's not offered to just anyone...actually...I don't think it's a legal site... Who cares though!" I chuckle awkwardly, and Sorrel rolls his eyes as he nods at the screen.