Broken Feelings

When Star turned around she saw the bodies of multiple children—they looked like Firsks. She resisted the urge to throw up due to the shock.

After a minute of taking it in Star decided to step towards the bodies.

One of them wore a red and black striped shirt with a heart sewn onto it.

It looked as if they had spider webs all over them.

Must be Virus' old Frisk.

The next one had a light and dark brown striped shirt with a heart sewn on it and a top hat that had a feather on it..

Steam....

The last Frisk gave Star far more déjà vu than she had ever felt before.

They had a blue and purple striped shirt, that had a heart sewn onto it.

Was that...

Her...Frisk?

She felt pity for the dead children, and decided the create a grave for them.

Since time didn't work here, their bodies would never rot, nor go cold.

After Star was done, she turned around and started walking away.

But then she realized.

She didn't know where she was...

Virus had teleported her to a random part of the Anti-Void...

And she was completely and utterly alone.

Star tried screaming for one of the others. 

For somebody

Anybody

To help her.

But Nobody Came

She started to break down, panicking.

What if she never got out?

What if she was stuck here forever?

What if nobody found her?

Would she die here?

Would she go insane?

Would she—

"Star?" Steam's voice snapped her out of her panic attack. She quickly ran towards said guardian and hugged her.

"What are you doing—"

"THANK GOD YOU'RE HERE!!!" Star cried.

They stood there for a while, Star crying into Steam's stomach.  (yes she's that much shorter than Steam) Eventually, Star has calmed down enough that her sobs had turned into small whimpers. Steam decided to break the deathly silence.

"So....I heard about the argument..." Star paused for a moment, and sighed. Steam took that as her cue to keep going. "Look...if I'm being perfectly honest with you.... I couldn't give a damn whether the AUs live or die..." Star instantly looked up and shock. Steam continued. "It's not that I want them dead, it's that I can't....physically care about them... they didn't do anything wrong, I just....couldn't give a crap..." Star looked at Steam in confusion, causing Steam to smile and ruffle her head. Steam let go of Star and stepped back, then doing something she had never done before...

She lowered her goggles so they would be hanging from her neck like a necklace.

Star gasped in surprise.

Steam's eyes were completely black, except for the gold glowing power symbol in her right eye.

"So...I've been like this...for a long time now—like, since before my AU was erased." Steam explained. She and Star sat down.