Paint Splatter

Virus and Star had both gotten back from their outings at about the same time.

As to be expected they were slightly awkward with each other.

However they continued about their day, despite being slightly more distant, but overall it was a pretty normal day.

While everyone else was asleep, Star was waiting for her paints to ware off. Whenever she falls asleep while her paints are still active, she wakes up in a sweat, not being able to remember the nightmare she had, but knowing she had one.

However they wore off pretty slowly, so she'd have to wait out the clock.

Star's hand had started to hurt from drawing for several hours straight, and she needed a break. She put her pencil and sketch book down, not really knowing what else to do.

Then she remembered something.

The paintbrush...

She got off the couch and stepped around Virus, so that she wouldn't wake up. She walked over to a part of the anti-void that they never really hung around.

The emptiness was disturbing to her, she couldn't help feeling exposed, stranded even. The only thing that comforted her was the fact that if she turned around she could still see the others. 

Star took out her paintbrush, and it grew to its larger size.
She took out the paint she rarely ever uses
Black
Hatred.

She dipped the paintbrush into the paint and stared at it.

What was she supposed to do?

She swung the paintbrush as quickly as possible and the black paint stained the empty white floor.

"Well...that worked..." she stated to herself.

She practiced this using multiple different colors, somehow not getting tired as easily.

That's when she spilled some on her sweater, along with her jacket.

"Wha—awww man!" She shouted to herself. She put the paintbrush in her belt and stared at her shirt in disappointment, her eyes turning teal.

"I really liked this outfit too...dang..." she sighed and took of her jacket, and stared at the light pink stain.
Sure it was only a little bit lighter than the normal color, but it still bothered her. Star decided to tie it around her waste so that it wouldn't be as easily noticed. Now for her sweater. The bright pink on top of the pastel purple did fit, and it was the color scheme she woke up with, but it still annoyed her. She sighed and thought about what to do.
Then she remembered one of the things that the paintbrush can do.

It can create things.

Star decided to take the navy blue paint that matched her pants, and try to make overalls.

Considering this was her first time creating things it........

Took a couple tries.

But eventually she not only made normal looking overalls, but ones that fit her.

She put them on, and it didn't look all that bad. The navy blue was a nice firm color compared to the pastel purple and pink. Star also decided to make some pink fingerless gloves along the way, just for the sake of looking cool.

Was it a simple look?

Yes

Did Star still love it?

Of course!

Did she think about the fact that she splattered paint all over this section of the anti-void.

Hell no.

Didn't even cross her mind.

Star walked back over to the others, becoming tired, and her paints finally waring off. She plopped down onto the couch and fell asleep.

No nightmares tonight.