Broken Code

Virus and The Girl had been here for a while now, occasionally making chit chat.

Virus had been pondering the girl for a while now.

What was with those viles?

Why was she so empty?

All types of questions filled her mind.

Again

It had been several pacifist runs

A couple neutral

Almost hundreds of attempted genocide runs

And one full genocide run

This time it wasn't glitching that surprised the two girls.

No

It was the sound of someone falling to the ground, and a loud thud that echoed through the empty white void.

Virus and the girl turned towards the sound, to find another girl.

The new girl groaned and sat up.

She was wearing a brown crop top with a black shirt on underneath it, brown shorts with a golden belt, long fingerless golden gloves, a headband with a gear on it and some goggles. Some of her bare skin wasn't skin at all, but silver metal plates filling in the area. Her right hand was completely robotic. The girl let out a puff of air and looked around, when her goggles landed on Virus and the yet-to-be-nicknamed Neira. She smiled.
"Aaaay, you kind of look like me!" She stated, quite cheerful.

Virus narrowed her eyebrows at the new arrival, mixed feelings of fear and just plain weirded out by the newbie.

"I'm Neira, what's your name?" The new Neira stated, standing up and holding her hand out to Virus and the original.

"Uhhhhhh..... w-w-weeee don't go b-b-byy our real names... I'm Virus...and this w-w-weeeiirdDo hasn't told me her name yeT" Virus explained. The new girl nodded and put her hands on her hips. She then pointed her thumb to herself and smiled widely.

"Welp, you can call me Steampunk, or Steam, whichever one is easier my dudes!" She stated cheerfully.

The empty Neira nodded and walked away, while Virus just stared, her eyes twitching in annoyance. Steam lowered her head and whispered to Virus.

"Yo, what's up with the pastel lookin' one? She seems really off don't ya think?" She asked.
Virus backed away a held her hands up as a way to defend herself.

"D-Don't touch me you weIRDO!!!" She glitch screamed. Steam stared at her in slight disappointment.

"That's not very nice of you!" She stated, puffing her cheeks.

Virus narrowed her eyes at "steam". The first version of her was weird enough, now this...this...THING, was even worse. How could she be so cheerful? Her universe was erased wasn't it?!? Steam smiled and raised her eyebrows.

"You need to cheer up pal, look on the bright side, we got a whole area to ourselves!" She stated.

This was not helping.

Steam walked passed the now petrified Virus over to the emotionless Neira.

"Heya pal, how ya doin?" She asked.

Silence.

Steam held up some finger guns and backed away, without removing eye contact.

"Good talk buddy."

Virus had started hiding behind the emotionless version of herself, due to being both annoyed by and afraid of the new version of her.

This was going to be a long miserable life.