Outertale

"That's...not what I was going for..." The voice of an unknown loved one said through the empty black area.

"B-But, that's ok! I-I... still believe in you..." the sound of a soul shattering rang throughout the void.

Star heard many voices that sounded so familiar, but they we're all at their last dying breath.

The little boy was the voice that appeared the most...

Her eyes turning multiple shades of light purple

Fear

She couldn't shake the feeling that she could've done something...

That she could've stopped them.

Who was them?

She didn't know.

And that's what bothered her so much.

"YO! STAR!" Steam's voice woke Star up from her nightmare.

"H-Huh? O-Oh! H-Hey Steam!" Star answered while cursing at herself for stuttering. Steam furrowed her eyebrows.

"You good?" She asked. Star nodded her head and smiled awkwardly.

"I think I just had a nightmare, that's all." Star explained.

"You....think? What does that mean?" Steam asked, now sitting in a crisscross position.

"Well I...."

I still believe in you

"Can't...really remember..."
Star's eyes changed from purple to the shades of light green. This made her realize she probably shouldn't be drinking paints right before going to sleep. "It's probably just something deep that I wouldn't understand anyway, so it's fine!" Steam raises her eyebrows in agreement and nodded.
"Well...I found this AU that you might like, considering you've never left the anti-void for as long as you can remember." Steam said, winking at that last statement—of course Star wouldn't have seen that because the goggles were shielding her eyes. Steam her mechanical hand out to Star, and Star took it without hesitation.
Steam led Star to a portal, but before letting Star go through it, put a blindfold on her.

"Can you see me?" Steam asked from behind Star, which caused her to turn around instantly and try to figure out where Steam was in the first place.
"No...where are you?" Star asked, slightly giggling.
Steam grabbed Star's hand and led them through the portal.

The air felt different in this AU

Like they were in an area where they weren't supposed to have it.

Lucky that the Neiras have traces of monster magic.

"Aaaaand stop." Steam ordered, causing Star to freeze in her place.

Steam removed the blindfold, to see Star had her eyes closed.

"Sigh, you can open your eyes too ya know." She explained.

Star giggled awkwardly and opened her eyes, about to make a comment.

But the sight before her stopped her.

There were millions upon billions of stars in the sky, they were all so bright and colorful.

Star was left speechless.

Steam ruffled her hair and smiled.

"Knew you'd love it!" She said. Star nodded, not taking her eyes off the stars before her.

"And, we're in a back alley, so nobody should see us." Steam stated.

They sat on the edge of the land staring up at the stars, and occasionally a meteor shower would start and stop.

"Welp, I think it's time to leave." Steam said snapping Star out of her gaze, or her thoughts. Steam couldn't tell. She looked like she was thinking, but she didn't take her eyes off the stars.

Star looked over to Steam and sighed.

"Do we have to?" She asked like a pouty child.

"Come on, we can come back later." Steam said, lending a hand out to Star. Star sighed and took Steam's hand and went back to the empty white anti-void.
Virus was sitting by the AUs playing with her webs, when she heard the sudden noise.
"Where t-t-the hELL have you been?" She asked coldly.

Before they could answer, they saw that Virus was soaking wet.

"What happened to you?" Steam asked slyly.
Virus' breath hitched for a split second and she growled, muttering words the two other Neiras couldn't quite make out. But it was something the along the lines of "stupid" and "Oceantale"

Eh I guess they'll never know

But you might~