Destruction

Virus was laying around in Dreamtale again, occasionally forming some kind of web.
Star had gone off to god knows where and she brought her sketch book with her, so it was going to be a long time until she got back, long story short Virus didn't want to be left alone with Steam. After the.... Fresh incident...she can't help but notice the similarities...

They both cover their eyes...

They're both overly cheerful...

They both occasionally give her the creeps...

They're both based off of weird trends...

But most of all...

They seem like they're hiding something...

Virus groaned and put her hands over her eyes, she had a headache and thinking so hard about the others was not helping.

"Headache huh?" A voice asked.

"Yep...b-b-baaadddd one two..." Virus replied.
Then she thought for a moment...

'Oh you have to be kidding me'

She turned to her right to see a red child floating next to the web she had created for herself.
They looked like Frisk...but they had their eyes wide open and a heart sewn onto their striped sweater.
"Awwwww, don't you know how to greet a new pal?" The child asked.

Virus paused for a moment, her eyes glitching to the point where the pupils were gone. She furrowed her eye brows...

"You..."  Virus said, anger filled in her tone.

"You know if Star had her memories I'd have to tell her that I'm not really her Frisk, just their remaining DETERMINATION, however with you I'm not as innocent, I did posses them, kill them, and steal their DETERMINATION, so it was really me the whole time." This only angered Virus further.

They were the ones who did this...

They killed everyone she loved...

They erased everything she cared about...

They deserve to burn in hell...

"Now, now Virus, though it is fun to see you so angry, I'm here to help you, not hurt you!" The child said.

Virus' eyes went back to normal, but she didn't speak.

"Hmm...silent treatment huh? Eh, that's not as fun but if it means you're not gonna interrupt me then fine." The red child said, keeping a straight and bored face.
Virus was petty sure they muttered something about Star being more fun.

They put their hand on their chest.

"My name is DT, I'm the remaining DETERMINATION left from all the Frisks of the Surfacetale AUs."

"W-w-Wait! Then why can't Star remember anything?!? I c-c-can remember, SSSSSSSS—Team can remember, why not her?" Virus asked. The child shrugged.

"Hell if I know right? Anyway, I want to show you something." They snapped their fingers and opened red portals to other AUs...

Except...

They were all Genocide runs...

Countless timelines where a Frisk, or Chara killed everyone they had once deemed as friends.

"Now pay attention to this one!" DT ordered as they pointed to one of the portals.
It led to a timeline where Frisk hadn't made it
to the judgement hall yet, Flowey was talking to them.

"At least you actually did it, not like those sadists who are too scared to do it themselves, but enjoy watching it"

DT suddenly closed all the portals and grinned, leaving Virus confused.

Why did DT want her to pay that close attention to one sentence.

"You sit around in the anti-void, watching the AUs suffer, watch countless resets take place, yet you do nothing about it, which means you don't really care~" DT said with their traditional Cheshire grin.

"T-t-they aren't mmmmmy buisness" Virus replied blankly. DT held up a finger.

"But! Did you know that in every one of those genocide runs, the Frisk or Chara—unless you count storyshift, always gets passed the sans or papyrus—and if we're talking storyshift then Chara, and Erase it all, only for them to want to keep playing so they SELL THEIR SOULS to a DEMON!!! Heheheh...now if you think I'M bad, at least I didn't make you go through it again, I showed you true MERCY~"

Virus was well beyond pissed, they were trying to get in her head, and she knew that...

But she couldn't deny it was working.

"Wha-What are you getting at?" She asked. DT's grin widened.

"Well it's gonna happen at some point right? Wouldn't you rather know that you're frisk can't hurt you anymore and...I don't know...you don't have to deal with the surface, humans? I think if we just got rid of them all right now it would be showing real MERCY, Error was stupid to make that truce with Ink, now they are all being left to suffer. But I bet you could change that~ you could end it all for them~ save them~ and if they don't want saving, they're stupid flies anyway right? You're just doing what's best for them." Virus sat in silence, not wanting to admit she agreed with the sadistic child.
DT only grinned.
They patted Virus' shoulder.
"Think about it." They said simply.

Virus turned her head again to see that they were gone.

Well...

Shoot...

(A/N: Storyshift does not bring to me it belongs to voltrathelively....if I spelled that wrong please correct me.

Anyway no long speech, the only comments I have to make would spoil the story, so can't let that happen right?

Peace out ✌🏻)