Hot To The Touch

SHARKYS POV

I tried to pick up my pace, considering I was running on land, not swimming.

I closed my eyes as I tried to imagine what Lavagirl would be doing at this moment.

I was 20minutes late.

I imagined her looking hopelessly into the ocean, innocence written on her dollface expression.

Worry from why I wasn't here yet.

Anxious.

But supprisingly, the thought of her worrying about me tugged a smile at my lips. It would mean she cares about me..but I can't get ahead of myself.

However, I soon lost my smile at a second thought, that her worry and care for me was probably making her more paranoid than yesterday.

I'm not exactly sure why she ran away when she did, but I can take a guess at it was the fact that she felt guilty for hurting me, and was even more hurt that I would go to the ice kingdom to patch myself up.

To help me when she can't.

I can't say I blame her. But I pondered on whether or not she was jealous that maybe those abilitys are in conjunction with the Ice princess.

Whose beauty I shamelessly described right infront of Lavagirl when we and Max where in the banana split boat on the stream of consciousness.

My now empowered guilt caused me to run faster than before, as well as the sight of volcanos drawing in close.

That's where Lavagirl was waiting for me.

And what's sad is that I'm the one who invited her for a walk, as a way of apologising for if I made her upset.

And I'm the one who's late.

Which was why I wasn't supprised by her angered tone when I arrived.

"Wow seriously Sharkboy?!" Lavagirl rolled her eyes at my excuse.

"I'm sorry!! But that fish really did need me though!!" I tried emphasising.

"What the heck type of excuse is 'I had to help a fish out' ?!" She argued.

..in all honesty that was a lie. Personally I'm simply not a..late night type of fish.

And truthfully, I gave an excuse as I didn't want Lavagirl to think I was purposely late again because I didn't care.

In which I very much did.

"Ok ok firstly fishes are people too!!" I tried arguing back.

"Sharkboy you aren't even a proper person" she exclaimed with a roll of her eyes.

"Yes I am!"

"Oh really?"

"If I'm not a person then what the heck are you?! A dream on fire?! At least I can touch stuff without burning it!! Especially peop-" I haulted my hurtful words as I slapped my own hand over my mouth.

Realisation hit me hard of how insulting I was as I watched Lavagirls face screw in on itself.

We were both silent though, the clashing of water was the only sound present between us.

A witness to the jerk I really am.

Lavagirl knew that my words referred to yesterday's events, her burning my arm.

I clenched my fist at how insensitive I was..how the heck can I say such a thing without thinking?!

I of all people know how bad she feels for burning me..and I go shove it in her face.