The Shiver and the Bright

MYSTERYS POV

I don't know why I was so upset, but the warmth of the blue sheet underneath me in the material plane worsened the depth of my pain.

It was because I felt so cold and alone that the contrast was too much for me.

I was feeling so helpless.

And scared.

So much that my cold body repulsed me.

Maybe that's how Lynx felt too, all alone, no friends, or family, just like me.

Only a little warmer.

I always envied that aspect of Lynx, he is just as trapped as I am, he just gets the better side of things, always has.

...good grief this sounds like twilight.

...you know what I'm talking about, the whole cold body shait with Edward and warm thing with Jacob.

Why couldent that witch have just turned me into a tree. At least I would be alive.

Even Lynx is alive..

I honestly don't know if I want the moon destroyed by this point, but I couldent feel but be a bit biased because of how Sharkboy acted earlier..I mean he was hurt...

But so am I.

I never had a friend before..

And the one time I get one..or even slightly feel more than I'm allowed..grief tears me apart.

Well I always tell myself to look at the bright side of things...except it was night time so there goes that...

I mean at least my makeup never smears..

..except now.

An entire shrivel and river had stained my cheeks of black and sticky...probably mascara..maybe.

Look it was a really long time ago I don't remember.

While I lay there, not really knowing what I wanted to do by that point... I could feel a shadow like hand progress towards my aching body.....

...yes I said felt the shadow.

...no I'm not kidding it's like a seventh sense.

My eyes slowly darted towards the empty abyss, and as quick as my reflex allowed me too I sped upwards standing up, only to find no one there.

As I was expecting from experience, and from watching every Vampire Diaries episode, I super sped an above the head kick to the person I knew would be behind me.

The body flew upwards, only to power fall leaving a remarkable rip on the material floor.

Darkness still surrounded us not allowing me to distinguish the face.

" now how did I know you would know I was there? " the voice exclaimed.

" oh come on you should know I have better instincts than you "

" just testing.." He slowly said.

He suddenly appeared behind me with both his large hands ready to snap my neck, but I was prepared and already threw him on the floor in front of me before he could finish.

" chill Mystery, just having a little fun "

" no Lynx I'm depressed you are just annoying me "

" then let me kidnap you without hassle "

" no I would feel bad "

"...why? " Lynx asked confused.

" it would damage your man pride, like when I ripped your fathers flesh and ate it in front of your tied up body " I grinned, remembering the taste.