A Trigger Of A Mistake

SHARKYS POV

I don't think I had ever been so angry with Lavagirl. I dident want to be, but she can't put her jealousy in the way of Mystery. We need her. I'm just not sure why..

While I was swimming I was starting to see a glow of light, orangey gold covering the surface of the water, I started swimming upwards.

When my head reached the surface, I could mostly just see Lavagirls huge volcano covering everything infront of me, but then I started seeing a human figure standing still.

" m-mystery is that you? " I said with my voice shaking a bit.

MAXES POV

I found my running ability highly convenient, being nearly 15 I had gotten a lot faster, but I feared not fast enough.

I dident know exactly where I was going, but one of Mysterys favourite places was solitude. Literally a place no one could go near. So I had an idea of where she might be.

I stopped dead in my tracks when I started hearing her voice, I knew she would be at the volcano, but why lavagir... oh no.

SHARKYS POV

" no " mystery replied calmly.

"....yes it is you " I said walking towards her slowly.

" I am not mystery. Maybe to you. Just not to me. " she said without a change in her tone.

I don't know why she was doing this, but it was making me considerably worried.

" you mean a mystery? But I know you " I said with confidence.

" you don't have a clue sharkboy. "
" yes I do, you are a vampire that max made. "
" I'm not a normal one. Let's call my self something more...sofisticated if you wish " this time turning to face me.

I could see the three markings still slashed on her face.

" .... Look what are you doing here mystery? " I said persistently.

" to give lynx what he wants. "
She turned around to face her back to me again.

" excuse me? "

" won't be long now "

MAXES POV

I was frozen with fear. I dident know whether I could grab her in time or if she would kill sharkboy.

I remembered that one conversation I had back on earth with Mystery..

" SHARKBOY STAY STILL "
He instantly turned around.

" Max? What are you doing here?! " he said annoyed.

We both widened our eyes when we heard a splash come from the lava at the top of the volcano.

When we turned to try and face mystery, she had gone, why would she..

SHARKS POV

" MYSTERY " me and max both shouted at the same time, but I could she that while I was running up the volcano, max was staying put. Let it be.

I ran upwards trying to find her, she just jumped into the lava!! Is this what she meant by MORE SOPHISTICATED??

I could suddenly see a head with black jet hair raise out the lava.

" Sharkboy you really shouldn't be here "
" WHY THE HECK WOULD YOU JUMP IN THERE? "
" WHY THE HECK ARE YOU SHOUTING AT ME?? " she imidietly and in such a paranormal way flew out of the lava, and rose to my height, still floating.
" you shouldn't even be here!! You could die!! " said mystery worried.

" no don't worry I've even brought lavagirl up here before! "

" I DONT MEAN BY THAT YOU IDIOT"

LAVAGIRLS POV

IM GOING TO KILL MYSTERY
I. AM. SO.ANGRY.!!!!!!!

I CAN FEEL HER DEAD BODY SWIMMING IN MY LAVA I AM GOING TO GET HER AND DECAPITATE HER.

MAXES POV

" what do you mean Mystery?!?! " I said standing directly next to sharkboy.

" you know exactly what I mean max "
She was smiling and her feet were on the ground now.

My facial expression dropped.

" m-mystery please let's talk about this... "
" let's just let lynx do the talking and finish things off shall we? That's what you imagined anyway "

I went silent. That is true.

Pushing me out of the way, sharkboy said " What are you talking about lynx for?? What's going on mystery?? "

" MYSTERY HOW DARE YOU " Lavagirl screamed from a very far away distance.

Looking at lavagirl, I turned back to Mystery feeling very very hot now, and said " Dreams can change Mystery!! "

" WHAT IS GOING ON?!?! " Sharkboy shreaked in distress.

Everything was becoming to frantic.

" mystery is... "

I was cut short by the extreme shaking just below our feet.

At the same time, me and Sharky looked at lavagirl who's hair was inflamed, and eyes.

" YOU RUINED EVERYTHING WITH SHARKBOY MYSTERY, AND NOW YOU ARE GOING TO PAY " lavagirl yelled at the top of her lungs with rage I never new existed.

But mystery was closest to the lava.

" wait! Mystery if you could jump in that lava how was lavagirl hurting you before?? .... " said sharkboy

" clever boy " said mystery smiling.

But by this point I could tell by her facial expression that something had not gone according to plan. I knew what that was.

" she won't come here mystery "

Mystery looked at me very worried.

" then I may have just killed us all "
"WHAT " shreaked sharkboy

By this point, the whole volcano errupted, but instead of mystery getting flown into the air, it was sharkboy who pushed us both back.

Before I went unconcious from hitting my head, I could see Mystery scream Sharkboys name running before she jumped after him.