Overwhelmed With Guilt

SHARKBOYS POV
After I had gone for a swim I came back with some fresh fish.

I sat down in the cave alone while I ate all I had got.

" your right, there are hundreds of packs of wolves outside now " Mystery proclaimed.

" how long do you think we would have to stay here?? " I said extremely annoyed.

" it depends on how fast you want to die " she said while flying upside down to catch the bat that caught her eye.

I rolled my eyes. " did you at least find out where Lavagirl is?? " I said with a bit of hope in my eyes.

For some reason Mystery looked a bit hurt by this remark. "...I'm sorry if I gave you the impression that I gave a crap. "

" pardon?? After I saved you?? " Sharkboy said standing up raising his voice.

" I have been here with you for 3 days already, you know I have been looking for Max! " Mystery said as she sucked the bat.

I rolled my eyes again. " I saved you because I thought you could be smart enough to get my girlfriend back!! "

Mystery turned to face me fully. She paused for 5 seconds. Long enough for me to lose my angry facial expression.

" so that's the only reason you saved me? " she said a tiny bit hurt.

I rolled my eyes mid way. In a split second Mystery was 1cm close to my face with her nails half a centimetre away from my eye ball.

I froze with fear.

" try one more freakin time to roll your inconsiderate eyeballs in my face or I will suck your corpse dry. " she said as the veins around her eyes darkened.

I carefully lowered her hands, trying not to anger her.

" I HAVE HAD NO HUMAN BLOOD IN DAYS AND I AM GOING TO SUCK DRY THE NEXT THING I HEAR HAS A PULSE SO BE BLOODY CAREFUL " she said as she grabbed my wrists with an incredible force and violently throwing them down.

I managed to lose balance and fall down on my rear.

My face was scared and my mouth open. I looked her dead in the eyes and he expression did not change.

She simply shook her head and rose above the floor and hovered out the entrance of the cave.

" and just so you know..." Mystery said before going out completely, " Max means the world to me. I will do whatever it takes to save the life of someone who saved mine " she then disappeared.

I knew she would come back...but....she left such fear in the room...I had never felt like that before.

MYSTERY'S POV
I can't...even believe how selfish he is.

After EVERYTHING I have done for that jerk!!!

There was no way I was going to help him after that act, hell to the no.

I went back to the pathway of the forgotten dreams, it's impossible that Max and Lavagirl reached there in time.

Lynx would have most definitely kidnapped Lavagirl, but Max...would he..?

I looked around for clues, I just...I just had to find him...I don't have a clue what I would do if he was...

I collapsed on the floor and started to heavy cry.

While I did this, I noticed foot prints, f-FOOT PRINTS!!!!!

MAX!!!!!

I followed them quicker than I imagined.

I was amazingly excited, he could have been injured and got away... I had to help h-him!!

I ended up in the forest of density..I think that's the name..anyway it's next to the land of forgotten dreams.

I followed the new scent that arose from the foot prints. The smell ended at quite a large tree.

I was very confused..why did it...

Oh no.

I looked from behind the tree at what I was witnessing.

There was an ice cube in the Center of a big area. Lavagirl was trapped neck up in this huge block of ice.

A shiver of horror went up my spine.

The disbelief .. Max was not here..I felt like crying again..I failed again..

" c'mon guys have a heart " said one of the many wolves in a mimicking tone towards the ice cube.

" HA. " said...Lynx. I found him.

I was about to take a step forward when all the wolves laughed and pushed Lavagirl's trapped body to the ground out of humiliation.

Lavagirl was crying.

I took a step back.

I was stuck. If I tried to save Lavagirl..
I don't know.

I have a bad feeling about it is all.

It's just...Sharkboy would be so smug..if I got her..he would have won this stupid little game..

No way.

I turned around and started running back to the cave.

I need Sharkboy to help me get my Max back.

SHARKBOYS POV
I sat on the log for a while..waiting.

Mystery had probably gone looking for Max again. She had been non stop since I carried her here.

I heard Mystery walk in. I jumped up, but as soon as I opened my mouth she collapsed.

MYSTERYS POV
I could feel sharkboys arms hold mine as he tried to lift me but failed.

" I was not joking before..." I violently coughed for my life.

"....I haven't drank human blood in days, I have only ever been this severe when Max found me... " my eyes became tierd.

I was loosing it and fast.

I looked up to see worry in his eyes.

He did something so stupid. He lifted up his sleeve and revealed his wrist to me.

"Wh-what are you doing?? " I said with fear and concern.

" I'm sorry for what I said earlier I didn't mean it, you are dying...please drink some of my blood! "

An actual river of guilt and disgust in myself for leaving Lavagirl like that slapped me.

But I couldent resist it..the blood..

SHARKBOYS POV
it's the least I could do for treating her like that.

The night was dark and the moon glowing bright and full.

Mystery kind of starred at it for a long time.

I walked up to her to the edge of the cave.
She looked entranced.

"I hate this. " mystery said out of no where.
" what a beautiful night? " I said jokingly.

"No...the thing that makes me this monster. " she said in a dull manner.

I thought for a while and asked her " what did you mean before..? "
" about what? " Mystery said facing me now.

" you said you would do anything to save max, the guy who saved you...how did he save you..? " I asked curious and tierd.

Mystery looked at me for a while with the moons light glowing on her face. She then looked back at the moon.

" it um..goes a lot further back than that actually. " she finally said.

" further than Max saving you you mean? " I said interested.

" trust me Sharkboy, it's very sad and complicated. " she said violently falling to sit down.

" I have time. " I said sitting next to Mystery.

She paused as if to think about what she could say.

"Alright...it all started when I died..."