Young And Grown Up

SHARKYS POV

I looked and listened more intensely at what Mystery had to say.

" so you are not alive ? " I asked curiously.

" certainly not. How could a human be alive for more than 400 years? Ha ha.." She laughed in a dull manner.

"So this happened that long ago? " I asked supprised.

"Yes.."

I stopped and gave her a look telling her I would give her the full attention.

She breathed heavenly.

" I um....was happy once. I was 15 and had a loving family, how could I not be? " she said looking at me.

"....but the dreadful plague had also been around at the time, they couldent save my father.."

" I guess no father is one thing we have in common " I said comforting her.

" I think it would be hard for you, in a century like this, to understand how it felt to lose a husband, and what it could do to a child.."

She took a breath.

" my mother starting suffering..mentally. She started to physically abuse me. "

I looked at her in shock. I was not expecting something like that.

"...how did you deal with it? "

" I dident have time to deal with it. I couldent escape it. You see...my mother killed me" she said with no expression.

She just blankly looked at the moon for a minute. I think this was to avoid crying.

"....she um..chocked me with something like a bag...I died from that, and from what I know, she threw me out in the street and closed the door. "

" what do you mean from what you know? "

" what do you mean? I died how would I know " we bothed laughed a bit at this joke.

"I just don't understand why she would do that, and how did you become immortal from that? "

" speedy slow down I'm getting to that, my memory is not the best " she said smiling.

That felt warm inside.

" a witch actually happened to be passing by, she brought me back to life on a full moon, this turned me into a vampire...I killed my mother straight after..I needed the blood.."

" I'm guessing it's because you can't lasts very long with out it huh? "

"That yes....and the fact that when I became a vampire I lost feelings for her. I hated her and still do. "

I signed.

" understandable, but why dident you ask the witch to turn you human again? "

" I tried, but when I went back to my village they had killed her as suspect of witch craft....I was so angry that I killed everyone. "

I felt a bit sad by this story.

MYSTERYS POV

We took a break from the story telling, it was a bit hard...

So we went mountain climbing. And I mean we just jumped and clawed to the top.

" wait Mystery! " I could hear Sharkboy breathless.

I stopped for his sake.

" you never told me about why you care so much for Max " he said catching up with me.

I looked for a bit in the night before giving my response.

" how did Max find you? " I asked.

" oh...well I got mad for a bit at my family of sharks and swam a bit too far from home, Max found me lost. "

I looked at him.

" that was highly convenient. " I said dull.
" well it's not really about convenience, it's more like that's how Max dreamt me to come to him, like he dreamed of you. "

My ears pricked at this and my head turned a bit.

" yes..sure" I said looking away.

I could see Sharkys eyebrows raise from the corner of my eye so I quickly gave him my response from earlier.

" for many years I had been hiding, and just like you, I got lost, had no blood for days, nearly dead. But I ended up in someone's back yard. Max's. "

Sharkboy seemed intrigued by this fact.

"...he took me in and managed to secretly look after me for a couple of years. He also learned to control my thirst. "

"Ha, what could you have possibly done for two years with Max? " I grinned a bit at this.

" we mostly liked to play hide and seek really. It's what me and my dad used to play... "

Sharkboy looked at me as through he had been thinking for a while. " I remember Max talking about when he dreamt about you, how he used to play hide and seek with you.. "

" yes that is correct. "

" I have just realised. "

" what? " I asked curious.

" Max has been acting clueless the whole time, when realistically he actually knew everything. "

" ye sorry, I told him it would be boring otherwise. " we both laughed for a bit.

SHARKYS POV

That was an amazing background.

I mean, I excepted there to have been some magic stone that did that to her.

Max's mind is creative as hell.

But still...poor girl. That stuff must have messed her up. I don't think I will understand how it feels being alive forever as a bloodsucker, which is why I can never judge her upon wanting to kill Lavagirl.

....Lavagirl....how could I have completely forgot about that sweet girl...

I stood up next to Mystery looking up at me while I asked " what about Lynx? "

" sorry, but Lynx is a pure nightmare. It means that he came by mistake. Max never properly dreamt him up. "

"Anyway thank you for that, I'm going to look for Lavagirl again. "

When I mentioned her name I could see Mysterys face change slightly. A bit sad really....

" alright. " she stood up " I'm going after Max. "

We both jumped in opposite directions from one of the highest mountains on planet drool.