26. Truth Untold

"Where's Yoongi?"

"Where's Yoongi?"

The name echoed gloomily inside their ears. A sombre, somewhat heavy atmosphere became noticeable right away.

Jimin who was standing close by layed eyes on the guilty boy who had skipped that very crucial part."Jungkook-ahh! Why didn't you tell her?"

He looked back with the same sorrowful expression. "I'm sorry, i'm sorry I don't like this memory."

Yuna could only wait for someone to explain.

Since no one really appeared to be willing enough, Jimin sighed and took the initiative. "Yuna..Yoongi isn't alive."

"What? But Jk told m-"

"Jungkook obviously spared you from this part. But it's still his story to tell. His and Taehyungs."

The two younger boys shared a few glances, waiting for someone to speak up first. Taehyung half glared at his friend and he gave in.

Jungkook deeply exhaled and after a few seconds he responded. "Fine, I started this I will end it."

The boy positioned himself ready to continue the story of past events and they all gathered in a circle.

After Yoongi had visited Taehyungs place that day, he was so mad at himself. Furious for even believing that he could make things right just by having a conversation with their father. When he learnt what had happened back in the apartment he was heartbroken. Yoongi and Jungkook drank till there was no tomorrow. That night they fought. He told him he was the reason any of this happened. That maybe if he hadn't involved at all we would all continue living our lives with no regrets. They cussed and fought until Yoongi walked out in a rush.

"I couldn't comperhend the situation and so i called Jinhae. She was the only one who could ease his mind.. After all, I'm pretty sure we all know that Yoongi had a crush on her.
But even she couldn't cure his feelings of guilt. Jinhae and i were scared. For his life. And when I had finally sobered up i tried to call him. But he didn't answer no matter how many times i called."

"I just wanted to apologise at this point. So that same day i walked to Yoongis apartment. I was just entering the building when i sensed a burning smell. Something felt way off. I run up the stairs my heart pounding. I kicked the door down and came to face lots of smoke and fire. I yelled his name terrorised by the image, but he didn't respond again."

"I went inside his room through sambles and dust and there he was, lying on his bed unconscious with a lighter on his palm. I screamed his name again and again at the top of my lungs, yet he couldn't hear me at all. The fire was suffocating. I dragged Yoongi out and thankfully we escaped the burning apartment just in time."

"I thought we had escaped the worst but in reality-" Jungkook paused remembering the scene.

"The ambulance took him to the nearest hospital, where we all met again. We patiently waited for hours, to hear that no one could have saved him. Yoongi was dead."