12. First rain

The quiet before sunrise is like no other

The quiet before sunrise is like no other. Few cars can be spotted around, their owners heading to their busy worklife. Sparse were the times anybody else would be out.

Yuna and Jimin filled their senses, enjoying the sweet fall wind.

He lead her to his car, easily propping the bicycle on the handles he had put on for his own. Yuna was so impatient to ask.

What type was he? Was he the person to run a marathon? Or was he more like her, using it as a way to calm himself?

She mentally sighed before opening the door of the boy's car. A single droplet fell on the tip of her nose.

It trickled down her face and she immediately brought her face up.

The blueblack sky had almost vanished in sight. Silver mist and clouds created an otherworldly scenery. The first rain.

"I kinda like it." Jimin responded, his eyes placidly waiting for Yuna.

The girl had formed her thoughts on it a long time ago. It was impossible for her to see rain indifferently. She either loved it or hated it. There was no in between.

"Yeah it's quite nice." A smile crept on her lips, one that felt to be missing for longer than it should.

The two dancers headed off, the sunrise still far to make an appearance.

Jimin guided her through a pedestrians street full of all kinds of shops. She spotted a homely family business, two little coffee shops and a small pharmacy all right next to each other.

Eventually, after skipping up a set of stairs, Jimin lead her in his apartment complex. Yuna stayed still, in a vain effort to hide her curiosity.

The brown haired boy casually showed her inside. "Make yourself at home."

It was a studio, a rectangular space with its front door dead center. The furniture were all a pastel creme color, the curtains created shadows reflecting the grey mass of the sky.

The girls eyes would continue looking around if it wasn't for him disappearing from the living room.

"Jimin?" Yuna querried her eyes squinting to find him.

The boy returned, with a towel resting on his shoulder. "I'm gonna take a quick shower..If you are hungry I think i have a pack of ramen in that cabinet." Jimin pointed downwards to a corner in the kitchen.

He reached down to check for himself before Yuna exclaimed. "No thanks, I'm not hungry."

The boy picked up the last pack of actual food in his apartment and placed it out just in case.

"Sorry I don't have a lot, i guess i should go grocery shopping."

She scoffed but he continued moving, filling a glass with water and quickly giving it to Yunas soft hands.

"Thanks." She replied politely.

And with that gesture, Jimin grinned at the shy girl before leaving for the bathroom.

Admittedly, her heart had been shaken up really badly. His welcoming manners, the way he made sure she felt comfortable inside his apartment at this odd hour.

Soon her eyes took notice of the details complimenting the space.

Jimin was a busy person and that was evident. From the minimum effort he had put to stylise and decorate to his empty cabinets and comfort instant food. Much like her, the boy couldn't make time for everything.

The only personal elements were a couple of photos, small magnets holding them in place. Most of them were him and his family. It looked like he was an only child.

There is a certain pressure with being the only kid of the family. Sure it has its perks. Having everything to yourself, having all the attention. One would think you have more, but in reality you have way less. You delve deeper into it and see, its not as great as it seems.

Yuna stared at the young kid that was Jimin smiling back at her. He was wearing a plaid shirt and his hair were long enough to need a cut. How adorable.

The girl tried to stop herself but the bewilderment felt infinite, no ending to her need to know.

The girls feet lead her down the narrow corridor. Close to the bathroom was what appeared to be his bedroom. The door was half open.

Should I? No I shouldn't. Yuna kept making hypothetical conversations with her two opposite personas.

She chose to listen to the one shaped like a devil. Simply because the door was there, waiting for her to enter. It would be a pity not to peak, right?

And with that awful sense of logic the girl walked hesitantly inside Jimins room.

It was just like the rest of the apartment. Neat and plain, something that saddened her a bit.

She had hoped for Jimin to be messy, or to have some sort of weird hobby of piling stuff like her brother. Anything that could make him less likable.

Her fingers grazed his set of books sitting untouched on a shelf in his library. Even his taste in literature was impressive.

Yuna was so mad at herself for trusting that small demon.

Suddenly her gaze fell upon a framed picture sitting on the nightstand.

The scene had bright warm colors of the sunset. In the middle she could trace 7 figure. Most of their outlines were sticking out from a 4x4 car.

She wasn't able to make out any faces since they stood so far in the picture. Frankly she was sure they were his best friends. Or else why would Jimin put them there?

She squinted trying to notice anything familiar about these shadows but the only thing she was able to distinct was a date written by hand.

"Yuna?"
She felt a gentle touch on her shoulder.

The girl turned her eyes falling on the half naked Jimin. The only thing covering him was a white towel wrapped around his waist.

For that fraction of a second, she did stare at his body.

"Ahh! I'm leaving!" She covered her eyes while trying to get out, her cheeks flashing peach from embarassement.

Jimin on the other hand seemed to handle the situation extremely smoothly.

He stopped Yuna who was trying to flee, by stretching his arm and closing the obvious exit.

"No no. Not before you tell me what you were doing there." Jimins full lips curved into a small grin.

His hair was dump and the strong scent of shampoo made its way inside her lungs. Some drops of water were still protruding on his skin, scattered like tiny specs of glitter.

"Ahh, i was just looking around.. I didn't want to be rude, I'm sorry." Yuna tried to stare dead pan in his eyes, avoiding to peak at his perfectly defined abs and toned arms.

"Ahh, its ok. I will tell you the story behind that picture once i get dressed." The boy understood her intentions in zero time and finally dropped his arm blocking the door.

Yuna walked out, blinking a hell lot and then squeezing her eyes shut. She had made the worst first impression as a guest hadn't she?