06. Serendipity

"You still use that?" Hoseok pointed at a thick black cable peering from Jungkooks messy pile of books

"Yahh of course not." Jungkooks fingers typed faster than the speed of light, his eyes scarily glued on the computers screen.

"Why what is it for?" Yuna querried with a scowl. She glanced at the random tech stuff splayed around.

Jin replied to her question while drinking from Hoseoks can of sprite. "Its nothing, some old job we three did." 

The lack of information given to her was enough to give her a mild irritation, but Yuna dealt with it and awaited for what her brother and these two were preparing.

They were all crammed inside the place that Jungkook called his room. It was gloomy and dark enough to qualify for a bats habitat.

The main attraction would be the pile of books laying first thing next to his door. 

Whenever Yuna tried to clean up the slightest, by dusting off his desk or arranging his books back in the library, her brother groaned and made an even bigger mess.

Another giveaway of the person occupying this attrocity of a room was the absolute lack of direct sunlight.

She rose from the bed as her hands got ready to push the two curtains aside. "Can i at least open the window? Its so dark in here."

"No!" The boys yelled in unison making Yunas head jolt in shock. 

"We are in!" Jungkook eventually announced.

"In? In were?" Her confusion peaked.

"Yuna, i present to you..the deep web!" Jungkook splayed his arms as if being the head of a grand opening ceremony.

"Wait. Thats what i'm here for?" She stared at the now black screen with a website looking like some shady ebay alternate choice.

"Well yeah..?" Jungkooks brows furrowed at her lack of amusement.

"You can literally buy guns or spirits in here!" Jin argued trying to urge a spark of excitement in Yunas eyes.

She only glared with twice the confusion.

"I barely have time to see you guys and thats what we do?..Also, when am i ever gonna need to buy a spirit?!" Yuna almost growled at the ambitious but still immensely illegitimate plans.

"Hmm, looks like you can even get an autograph from world acclaimed ballet dancers." Jungkook brought a finger up to show on some renowed company.

"Gimme that!!" Yuna rushed to get the mouse from her brothers hand tackling him off his chair.

"Aish Yuna-ah!" The younger brother moaned rubbing his head as if being hurt from the fall.

"Liar." The girl shouted when she noticed it was in fact an illegal tax froud company.

"I am leaving, this is nonesense." Yuna rose immediately shutting the door behind her. 

She let a deep sigh escape. Yuna wasn't planning on getting arrested for messing around with the dark web. She knew that Jungkook was responsible enough and this was just some crappy joke the three friends pulled up.

Clover purred waiting for the agitated girl to stroke her glossy fur. As Yunas eyes rolled down to notice the fluffy ball of positiveness she crouched to pet their needy cat. "If he doesn't treat you well i'm taking you with me."

The cat didn't nudge at all when the tentative hands brushed down her midnight black fur. 

Yuna climbed down the stairs to leave their apartment complex. The girl strolled down a narrow alley, her feet leading her to the nearest park. She wanted to breathe in some fresh air after being locked inside that miserable rat hole.

The weather was neither sunny nor cloudy. It was a pleasant mix of both. The warm sun peaked, half covered from few cottonlike clouds, accompanied by the sudden gust of a refreshing breeze.

Soon she came up to a little bench. She sat there, admiring the saturated surroundings.

Leaves were finally turning into a brilliant shade of crimson and burgundy on top of the trees. The shallow pond nearby had crystal clean water. A small leaf fell on it, breaking the glassy surface.

A bittersweet melancholy birthed more of those specs of thoughts. How she was already a grown woman ready to take on the world and follow what could easily remain a dream.

Yuna wasn't expecting to achieve half of her goals, yet for some reason she kept piling them up, the same way Jungkooks books were crummed all in a messy stack.

Yuna closed her eyes for a few seconds, feeling at peace. The sound of her phone broke that blissful daydream. 

Her jaw almost dropped. That name..

The talented boy wouldn't actually call a random person who was basically asking for tutoring. But here it was, in white generic font, his name, Park Jimin.

Yuna didn't take any longer and pressed the red button. "Hello?"

"Hey Yuna." 

"Oh, hi Jimin.." She exclaimed casually.

The boy continued talking, feeling the burden of being the first to call.

It was unlikely for him to initiate conversation. Much like Yuna it was an achievement to type in a simple phone number.

"I was thinking that we could practice today, if you want to. I don't have a shift on Thursdays."

"Oh yeah that would be totally cool. I am sure i have some free time too." Yuna answered back, cringing at her own sentence and from trying to play it super chill.

"Nice. Is seven good for you?" He asked with a mellow charm in his voice.

"Seven's great."

"Okay, so i'll catch you at the practice room."

He must have been refering to the same one they had met. Or else he would have been more specific wouldn't he? Yuna guessed. 

She slurred her words with a newfound confidence.
"Great! See you later, bye Jimin!"

"Bye Yuna." The girl detected a cute chuckle with his last sentence.

And with that session being arranged she strode back to her apartment. 

Was it really coincidence that brought them two together? Because she had never experienced this kind of serendipity once in her lifetime.