12 | The Will of the Emperor

There is no victory in winning a hundred battles

There is no victory in winning a hundred battles. There is victory in subduing your enemy without fighting at all.

– Sun Zi, Spring and Autumn Period

•☽────✧˖°˖☆˖°˖✧────☾•

THE air in the room grew heavy with doubt as the eldest among them reiterated his stance. "As I said, it was impossible, your Lordship," Alvier stated firmly, his voice carrying the weight of years of wisdom.

Wil, however, refused to be swayed by the prevailing skepticism. Determination etched across his face. He rose from his chair with a resolute expression. His emerald green eyes fixed upon the Enchantrian map, which shimmered with a faint glow, projecting from the crystal table before them.

As the young lad approached the table, his hand reached out tentatively, fingers hovering just above the intricate lines and symbols that adorned the map. The room fell silent, anticipation hanging in the air, as if the very essence of Enchantria held its breath, waiting for Wil's next move.

With a deep breath, his fingertips made contact with the smooth surface of the crystal table. A surge of energy coursed through his veins, a tangible connection forming between him and the ancient magic that pulsed within the map.

His eyes, filled with a mix of awe and determination, traced the intricate paths depicted on the map. Each line seemed to whisper tales of forgotten legends and untapped potential. The vibrant colors of the different domains of Enchantria danced before his eyes, igniting a spark of fear within his heart.

"In Enchantria, nothing is impossible," Wil declared, his voice filled with a mixture of worry and determination. The words hung in the air, resonating with a mantra of possibility that reverberated through the room.

As the echoes of his proclamation faded, the atmosphere in the hall seemed to shift. The Enchantrian map, bathed in the soft glow of the crystal table, responded to Wil's prediction. The symbols etched upon its surface shimmered faintly, as if acknowledging the truth in his words. It was as if the very essence of Enchantria itself was aligning with his conviction, ready to unveil its hidden secrets.

Cithara, still perplexed by the strange visions that had consumed her thoughts, dashed towards the castle where most of the visitors were staying, hoping to find her aunt. The castle stood tall and majestic, its ancient stones whispering tales of enchantment and mystery.

As she approached the castle, Cithara couldn't help but be captivated by its grandeur. The towering turrets and intricate architecture seemed to beckon her closer, promising answers to the mysteries that plagued her mind.

Suddenly, as if guided by an unseen force, Cithara found herself on a collision course with a mysterious man. He was cloaked in grey, his presence shrouded in an aura of intrigue.