46 | Chosen

With everything finally settled, the four were ready to begin their journeys back. With the sun in its setting state, they came back to where they began the search.

"Nice job, Sefira!" Wil spoke.

"I know, right? It... It took me several hours to find them," Sefira replied in a whisper with a sense of pride.

"Where are your recruits?" Wil asked the two women who came back empty-handed.

"I didn't find one," Cithara replied sheepishly, knowing that she only found it hard to communicate with other creatures.

"Oh, no! I forgot!" Marivielle answered as well, with her cheeks turning red in embarrassment.

Three recruited creatures lined up in front of them. Each has different characteristics, and each has different personalities.

"Uh... Cithara," Wil called, "can you be the one to explain to them why they are called here today?"

"M-Me?"

"I... I have to talk to my choice at the... at the corridor," Wil replied, trying to escape his impromptu speech.

"O-Okay," Cithara replied sheepishly.

"I'll... I'll go now," Wil spoke as he walked away from the others. "Remember that you're still my assistant!"

Cithara sighed, feeling the uncomfortable situation arising. "Everyone in this room," she started, "are gathered here so that the two other Avallons can be picked."

"But how can we show you if we are the chosen ones?" the tallest one among the three asked out of curiosity.

"We... We are still thinking about what we can do," Cithara replied timidly.

The three gave her a nod with a sense of dedication and confusion on their faces.

"Anyways." She interrupted the uneasy silence. "I can not assure you when we can choose. Even though you are already more than three, we still need to ensure that you will please the Elders."

"It's alright," the only boy from the group replied.

"But in the meantime, I would like to give you an invitation to the coronation that will be happening in Liberia," she added.

"Liberia? Does it exist?" One of the women that Sefira recruited in the squad asked in astonishment.

"It exists!" Cithara replied.

"How did you know?" the five-foot woman asked. "I bet you didn't even see the place."

"I do! I live there!" Cithara stated.

"Prove it!"

"Uhh... I'm," Cithara interrupted with a fake smile, "friends with the queen there."

"Right?" the Derillan asked sarcastically.

"Izatha, don't be rude," the tallest among the Derillans whispered.

"Yes! Yes, I do know her!" Cithara replied, still trying to hide her real identity.

"I told you already, that blabbermouth of yours can put you in trouble," the only boy Derillan whispered.

"I'm..." she spoke with the lady beside her, bumping her shoulder to catch her attention. "I mean, we're... we're so sorry for being rude," the lady called Izatha spoke.

"It's alright," Cithara replied. "Anyways, here are the invitations," she added as she handed the letters to all the creatures inside the room.

Meanwhile, in the corridor came Wil and the prisoner that he had chosen.