7 | Destiny

In good times, the wise man works for the state

In good times, the wise man works for the state. In bad times, he looks after himself.

- Jie Yu, Spring and Autumn Period

•☽────✧˖°˖☆˖°˖✧────☾•

"DON'T worry, you're safe now," Alvier reassured Alfira, leaning towards her with a bundle of fragrant herbs in his hands.

As the soothing aroma of the special Derillan herb wafted towards Alfira, a surge of strength coursed through her body, revitalizing her spirit.

"Why did the Farisae come? What do they want from Cithara?" Alfira asked, her voice tinged with confusion.

Alvier's silence spoke volumes, his inability to provide an answer revealing the weight of the situation.

"We have no time to waste, Your Majesty," he responded, his voice filled with urgency.

"Alvier, what's happening? And where could we be?" Alfira pressed, her determination unwavering.

"I used my magic to rescue you. We are back in Everdaile now," he replied. "But we must leave the Immortal Lands. It is not safe here for you and Cithara."

"Not safe?" Alfira's voice trembled with concern.

"I have no time to explain! We must go before they find us!" Alvier insisted, taking Alfira's hand. "I no longer possess enough magic after the battle. We have no choice but to flee to the nearest land."

Before Alvier could even take a step forward, Alfira clutched his hand tightly, unable to contain the turmoil within her mind any longer.

"Please, tell me what is happening! I need to know!" she pleaded.

Alvier sighed, pausing for a moment. "The Elders of Everdaile discovered that Cithara is Varelor's daughter. They believe she poses a threat to our empire," he revealed.

"I know of a place where we can seek refuge. It is the safest place I know," Alfira spoke with determination.

Without another word, the two dashed into the depths of the forest, with Alfira cradling Cithara protectively in her arms.

After a while, they paused amidst towering trees, watching as the sun descended, making way for the two moons and countless stars to illuminate the sky.

Within minutes, the stars shimmered in the crisp night. Among them, the constellation of a phoenix emerged, its head pointing northward.

"The north star will guide us to the land of the Dream Weavers," they whispered in unison as they continued their journey.

"I remember now! You are a Dream Weaver, aren't you?" Alvier asked.

"Yes," Alfira confirmed. "My father is one of the rulers of the Southern Lands. He intended for me to become the next queen because I am the eldest. But I yearn to explore Enchantria. I do not wish to be confined to my land for the rest of my days."