30 | The Sacred Gem

Cithara felt her body freeze, her spirits jolted with dread.

"I... I can explain," she spoke. "No need to remind me, I shall be heading away from the kingdom now."

"Have you come to your senses to just stay in this castle and not mess with the outside world?" Alvier asked.

"Ade, I already explained to you a few hours ago, they kicked me out," Cithara reminded.

"And you never came to me to resolve that? How could you, Cithara?!" exclaimed Aja.

"You are lucky you are still alive," Clevor added.

For just a quick moment, the room was filled with overlapping questions and arguments that were all being turned out towards her.

"What are you even thinking?" asked Alvier.

"Have you lost your mind, young lady?" Clevor spoke.

"Wait, what's wrong with the thing she did?" interrupted Aja.

"Aja, what are you doing?" Alvier asked, confused about what he had just heard.

"It's her destiny to be great, Alvier. You should not prevent her from doing the things that she wants to do," Aja answered confidently. "Besides, I'm the soon-to-be crowned Hara in this kingdom while you are just an old peasant who wants to enter here every year for no important reason," she explained.

"What is going on with you?" asked Alvier.

"From now on, you are not allowed to enter Liberia," Aja ordered. "And don't you know that entering our kingdom without my permission is like wanting us to go to war against you? So don't try to dwell here again!"

"You!" Alvier exclaimed. The soldiers grabbed his arms with a force that pulled him away from the castle after receiving the command from Aja.

"And as for you, You're Highness, I will let you pass because I know that you mean well," Aja added to Wil as they watched Alvier disappear into the woods.

"Can I... Can I ask what was the reason why you banned Alvier from entering here again?" Cithara asked with her mind filled with curiosity. "In fact, what is even happening?"

"Maybe I acted strange, but I just don't want someone dictating to my dear nadi (niece) what she should do," Aja explained. "It had come to my senses that I've been so focused on my subjects that I already forgot about you."

"But why did you ban Ade?"

"I... I consulted the Sacred Gem and..." Aja replied with her voice seeming to sound a little terrified.

"What did you see?" Cithara added.

"You're Highness. Can you leave us here for a moment?" Aja asked their visitor.

Wil gave her a slight bow and spoke, "As you wish, You're Majesty." He averted his eyes from the two and closed the door. On the corridors, he stood and remained as time passed by.

"What did you see, Areia (Aunt)?" Cithara replied. Her mind could not hold the anticipation any longer.

"I had a premonition! In there, I saw chaos. Fire scattered around every corner of our kingdom, and many Liberians had lost their lives," Aja replied anxiously, "And all that happened because of a certain outsider who entered our land."

"But why did you suspect Ade? He's... he's grouchy and tough, yes. But, he is a kind person," Cithara spoke, concerned about the decision her aunt made.

"I'm sorry, Cithara," her aunt replied, both of her hands crossed in front of her chest as she let out slight shivers. "I'm sorry, but I couldn't risk it. Maybe it's a bad idea to let our kingdom open again and become one with the outside world."

Cithara became reticent. She knew that if she was in her aunt's shoes right now, she might do abrupt decisions for the safety of many as well.

The Sacred Gem had been a very valuable tool for the Liberians, for it allows them to see glimpses of the future. It became the guide to the Liberians to become prosperous and wealthy. It is also from the gem's prophecy that they should isolate themselves from the other immortals.

For over a hundred years, the Sacred Gem was in its slumber. The Liberians thought that it was taken away from them along with the ancient stones of the Immortal Realm. However, when Aja was notified when she saw glimpses, it might be a sign that something bad was happening.

"I... I don't know what to do, Cithara. I don't know," Aja added with tears welling up her eyes.

Cithara took a step towards her with her arms wide open. She embraced Aja warmly, and her aunt found comfort in it.

"It'll all be alright, Areia," Cithara spoke calmly. "I know that you will soon find the perfect solution for the problem, especially now that your coronation is near."

Aja gave her a radiant smile as she patted Cithara's back. "You are the best Nadi that an Areia could ever have," she spoke.

"You know, I've been thinking that maybe communicating with the tribe leaders will help in solving your problem. I know that you really want to bring Liberia back to the outside world for a change, but there were still lots of problems to talk about, right?" Cithara suggested.

A sudden spark lighted up inside Aja's mind. Her liveliness was awakened once more. "That... That was indeed the best advice I ever heard during these anxious times. Graxien, Cithara," Aja beamed.

"First thing tomorrow, I will solve your problem first, then I'll -" said Aja, who was interrupted by Cithara.

"My problem?"

"Your problem about being kicked out from Liberia, which is unacceptable for the rules of my Vio," Aja added.

"Graxien, Areia, but I'm still leaving anyways. I'm chosen by the Avallon Tree to help Wil find the other Avallons," said Cithara, showing her right palm to Aja.

"Well, in many ways, I still want to resolve that conflict and, in the meantime, solve my problems as well," Aja spoke.

"Are you alright to let me leave the castle..." Cithara asked curiously, "To leave Liberia?"

"If it's alright to the ancestors, then I shall be alright with that decision, too. Besides, to become a warrior who always had part of a dangerous adventure, you should know various fighting techniques by training them," Aja answered.

"But, you do know that Ade's one of the trainers entrusted to train the Avallons, right?" Cithara jested. "He might help me."

"Oh, right," Aja sighed. "But, since he's old and it's already a very long time since he trained warriors, perhaps he will not be the one to teach you," she added.

"I guess so," said Cithara.

"Now come on! Let's get you all fixed up for the journey!" Aja beamed as she hastily wiped the remnants of her tears.

•○GLOSSARY○•

⚔️ Areia
- Elven word: Aunt

⚔️ Graxien
- Elven word: Thank you

⚔️ Nadi
- Elven word: Niece