22 | The New Quest

Wil yawned, his eyes getting weary.

"You're probably tired... uh..." said Cithara.

"Wil Elashor," Wil interrupted. "It's a pleasure to meet you."

"My name is Cithara Aeloira Elizell," Cithara spoke as the two shook each other's hands.

"Pardon me, but how come your hands are rough even though you are a royal one?" Cithara asked curiously.

"Before I even became a successor, I am a blacksmith like my father. I am the one who helps him forge his weapon, which he will later use for a battle to save Sepphora and the other elven lands from evil hands," Wil stated.

"How about you? What's your life in Liberia?" Wil asked. "I bet being one of the Dream Weavers is so amazing!"

"Yes, it was amazing. Every one of them is, except me," Cithara replied sadly. "You probably heard me saying to Alvier that I was kicked out from my whole kingdom. Well, it was true!"

"But how exactly? Why would they do that?" asked Wil.

"I was raised by my aunt Aja since my Deia (Mother) died. My Deia was a great Hara. She was the only one who supported me whenever I did my inventions even though the others said that it was stupid and dangerous," Cithara answered.

"I'm sorry," said Wil.

"My aunt cared a lot about me, but when she was chosen to be the next Hara, she changed. She cared more about her works and plans for the kingdom than me," Cithara added.

"Oh, that's sad," Wil breathed.

"Since no one wanted me to do any invention, I was mostly locked off inside the castle doing my hobbies secretly... alone. I don't... I don't even have friends except for the head knight, Clevor."

"I may not know how much pain you are feeling right now, but..." Wil spoke sympathetically. "I can be your friend if you want to."

Cithara smiled, her heart filled with bliss that she had never experienced before. "Really?" she spoke. "Sure!"

"See, you look more beautiful when you are smiling," Wil whispered.

The crickets spoke in hush tones within the deep and dark night of the woodland. As Cithara's eyes wandered, her attention was caught by a bright, radiant light coming from inside the cabin.

"What's that?" she asked.

"Oh! It must be the night crystal Elron gave me," he spoke, getting himself up towards the cabin. Cithara followed, her mind filled with curiosity.

Wil opened up his leathery bag, knowing that it was not only the night crystal shining. It was also the spherical crystal showing its white light.

"Wow! Is that a rare spherical clear crystal? Where did you get it?" Cithara asked, her eyes gleaming with marvel.

"It was given to me by the ancestral rulers to find the other Avallons. But in this case, I only found an assistant," Wil answered, his gaze turning back to Cithara.

"Well, I don't think I am the only one that you will find here this night or maybe until tomorrow," said Cithara.

"What... What do you mean?" Wil asked curiously.

"I read about this before. Well, see that new mark near the shores of Everdaile? Maybe that's the location of the other Avallon that you're looking for," Cithara spoke after scrolling the crystal as Alvier did.

"Are you sure he or she will not just be another assistant?" Wil asked. "Is that creature the only Avallon I will find?"

"Have you thought that maybe... just maybe... the ancestral rulers want to test your aptitude through this quest?" Cithara suggested.

"Maybe they are, but..." Wil sighed, "This quest is just so hard. I still don't know how I can do this."

"Don't worry," Cithara consoled, "You're not the only one on this quest. I'm here to help you as your assistant, remember?"

Wil's worried face was enlightened by a smile of solace and gratitude. "Let's not waste any more of our precious time. Shall we go now?" he asked.

"But you need rest," said Cithara.

"I still have a lot of energy, and whenever you are hungry and thirsty, I got food and beverages inside my bag," Wil spoke, taking his bag and his rapier.

"Oh," she gasped as she saw the rapier on Wil's hand.

"Y-You're not prepared, are you?" Wil grinned. "Don't worry, I got some gold coins here, and we can buy some stuff that you need along the way."

"N-N-No! I'm fine! Besides, I have the perfect idea."

"Alright, I am curious about that," replied Wil as he looked at Cithara's smile.

"I got my last gem arrow from our kingdom before I left. Maybe I can still go back to Liberia and get some stuff from my room. Besides, I would like to say goodbye to someone special to me," Cithara replied.

"What if the Liberians caught you? You said that you were kicked out," Wil asked, concerned about the plan he had just heard.

"You don't understand! This gem is special!" Cithara spoke. "This gem will allow me to change my appearance to anything I want."

"So who will you copy?"

"Hmm... I think I'll just disguise myself as a simple-looking Liberian who is one of the other tribe, Velves," Cithara replied, crushing the arrowhead through a stone that she picked from the grassy ground.

A peach-colored powder encircled her together with a glittery texture that whirled around as gracefully as the wind.

After the essence completely covered her body, she turned out to be a different lady. Her icy blue eyes turned into emerald green, and her straight, burgundy hair turned into wavy strawberry blonde.

"Are you coming with me?" Cithara asked, gazing at her new friend.

"Well, I've never been to Liberia before. I guess I can go with you," Wil replied.

"Now, come on!" Cithara spoke as they walked away from the strange cabin.

By the time they left, the cabin vanished into thin air as mysteriously as it appeared, leaving its mysteries kept inside of it.

•○GLOSSARY○•

Deia
- Elven word: Mother

️⚔️Hara
- Liberian word: Queen