35 | A New Friend?

The three went towards the nearby inn located in one of the empire's towns. Even in the dark, the place was still alive; filled with noisy people talking about their achievements for the day.

"Here we are," Sefira greeted as one of the staff opened the door for them. "Don't worry, they accept visitors like you kindly."

They were greeted by a bunch of strong Aragonas celebrating with ales and meat, all being merry before their bedtime comes.

"May I help you three?" the innkeeper asked in his cheerful tone.

"We would like to stay here for the night," Cithara spoke.

"How many are you?" the man asked again.

"Uh... Just the two of us," Wil answered.

"Here's your key for room 27," said the man as he gave the small silver key to Cithara.

"Thank you," she replied.

Before they could even take a step away, they were caught by the man's voice calling them once more. "I see that you two are different from ours," he spoke.

"They are here for trading!" Sefira snapped. "Tomorrow, they will meet the merchants who will offer metals for their kingdom in exchange for... those weapons," she added, her gaze dropped towards Wil's rapier and Cithara's bow.

"May I know your last names?" the innkeeper asked.

"Emberwood," Wil answered.

When she was about to respond to the question asked, something made Cithara stop. At that moment, he heard Alvier's voice inside her mind from a memory that she had kept for a long time. One night, Alvier told her that just in case she made contact with a creature from the outside world, she had to hide her real last name for fear that someone might recognize her tribe.

"It's Lorielle!" she replied quickly, "My last name is Lorielle!"

"You two must be from Everdaile," the man beamed. "You can leave your weapons to me. Don't worry, I will bring them back tomorrow. It's just for safety. I hope you'll understand."

"Go on. It's alright," Sefira whispered to the two visitors.

Both surrendered their weapons towards the man, putting their trust towards him. "I hope you will enjoy your stay here!" the innkeeper added.

Sefira walked with them until they reached their room upstairs.

"Really? But I thought that your last name was..." Wil argued as they opened the room.

"Long story," Cithara sang out, whispering as she interrupted Wil.

"I have to go back to my post now," Sefira notified. "And if you are famished, you can go downstairs for dinner at the time you hear the bell. It will not be long from now, so you can help yourself."

"Wait! Aren't you coming with us... tomorrow?" Wil asked.

"You know what, I still have to think about it," Sefira replied.

"Alright, I understand," Wil responded, "Think about it thoroughly and whatever decision you might choose, we will respectfully accept it tomorrow."

"I will go now," she spoke as she walked downstairs. "Keep safe," she added in a whisper, but the two didn't have the chance to hear it because of the noise around them.

A cozy bedroom filled with pieces of gold and silver greeted them. The bed's frame was made of metal with some pieces of gold attached to it, the window panes were made with iron, and the decorations were made with silver and gold.

"Mithrin," Cithara sighed with a smile on her face, "I never thought I could be able to go here."

"Me, too, but if I became the emperor, maybe I can go here whenever I want," Wil answered.

"So, where do you want to sleep?" Cithara asked, pointing out to the beds in front of them.

"I think I'll choose the one near the door so that I can somehow guard us while we are sleeping," Wil replied.

"Then I will be sleeping on that bed near the window," Cithara spoke merrily.

The two placed their belongings on the table and sat down on their bed filled with a fluffy kind of cotton.

"I think I'm getting to adapt your sleeping habits," Cithara spoke before letting a yawn out of tiredness. "I haven't slept that well since I ran away, and for that reason, I just want to close my eyes and take a rest."

"You are right," Wil added, yawning.

All of a sudden, a bell rang, making the people inside the small inn stop what they were doing.

"Better eat our dinner," Wil beamed, hopping off the bed excitedly.

The two went downstairs with the hopes of finally eating nice food again. Their eyes feasted on the meat, ales, bread, and grilled fish laid on the table.

Everyone at the cabin joined up for their simple but astonishing dinner. However, when they were about to finish, the effects of the ale finally appeared.

Two men, an Aragona and a stoic dwarf, stood at the table without minding the leftover foods. Everyone around cheered, even merrier than before dinner came.

For just a few moments, the two began to dance as they sang the anthem of the Mithrian Empire.

A small group of people gathered around one side of the inn, carrying some instruments with them. One by one, they played, accompanying the cheerful dance of pride.

With the party beginning, everyone began to hop off their chairs and began to set their minds free for the music. Most of the men and women around the room danced to the rhythm of the song.

Cithara and Wil, although remained seated, watched the celebration with wonderment. Little did they know that somewhere at the inn lies something peculiar.

After the small celebration, the two went towards their bedroom, tired of the journey they had for days.

"Anyways, what are we going to do tomorrow? The spherical crystal was gone and also the sacred marks," Cithara asked worriedly, looking at her shoulder where the mark used to dwell. After a glance, her gaze dropped towards Wil's shoulder.

Wil let out a sigh, unable to ponder what he could reply.

"All we know is that there are two chosen Avallons," he replied, "Do you think there will be more?"

"More? What do you mean?" asked Cithara.

"The traditional number of the Avallon warriors since the sacred rings came to this world was four, then after hundreds of years, another one was found which means that there must be other rings out there that need to have their bearers," Wil stated.

A moment of silence followed as their minds began to explore what they could do to solve their problems.

"By the way," Cithara spoke, breaking the silence of the night. "I think someone else knew what we are doing here. I have a feeling that someone or something might be watching our every move!"