44 | The Third Avallon?

At the time they reached the shore, they were greeted by cheering elves who had heard about their soon-to-be Emperor's journey back home.

“If they are not mad at us, then what about those sunken Elven ships?” one of the Aragonas asked.

“What about them?” Another one of them grinned, “The important thing is that we are now alive, and these people don’t hate us!”

“Where’s that mermaid?” Wil asked as he assisted Cithara while they both went down the ship’s ladder.

“Probably completing her sleeping cycle,” Cithara replied.

“We’re leaving her here?” Sefira asked.

“Not unless someone volunteers to carry her towards the castle,” Cithara replied sarcastically.

At that moment, Wil, with his kind heart, took the sleeping lady from her room and carried her off the ship.

“Our emperor is back!” the Elven people cheered.

“And he’s got company,” another spoke.

“What can we do with my fellow Mithrians? Once the others found out that they were here, they might be in real danger,” Sefira whispered to Wil.

“Sefira!” one of the Mithrians called. “We will be staying here for now, and by tomorrow, we can find our new homes in the mountains.”

“Are you sure?” asked Sefira.

“You do not have to worry about us. We will all be alright,” the doyenne in the group stated.

“Now where are we heading?” Cithara asked.

“Let’s head towards the kingdom,” Wil spoke to his fellow chosen ones. “Don’t worry, we are just near the castle.”

On every path they went, they were greeted by cheering people. When they reached the castle, they were welcomed by the Elven Elders. Inside of a smile, their seriousness was seen on their faces.

“We have returned,” Wil spoke as they entered the throne room.

“These are the chosen Avallon warriors?” Freia asked.

As Cithara’s gaze was wandering around, her attention was caught by the reluctant Alvier whose gaze was fixed on her.

“Yes, Freia,” Wil replied.

“How did this happen? Why does it have only four even though the traditions state six?” Greo asked.

"I'm not an Avallon," Cithara interrupted. "I am just chosen to help Wil to find the other Avallons!"

"Mind your manners, young lady," replied Freia, her eyebrows furrowed as both eyes were fixed on her. "The heavens know that what you're saying is not a real thing."

Cithara's gaze dropped to Alvier, who remained on his serious expression as he looked at her.

"Explain what happened, You're Majesty," Freia began again.

“The real reason for that is because the spherical crystal that the ancestral rulers gave me… was shattered into pieces by a mysterious creature,” Wil replied sadly. “I only managed to find one of them and an assistant who helped me find Sefira. This young lady sleeping in my arms is not one of us either.”

The four elders encircled each other, tearing Alvier’s gaze upon Cithara. “Finally,” Cithara sighed.

“I told you that this boy isn’t the best emperor to rule us in the future,” Greo argued in a whisper.

“What can we do? The four wizards and some of us chose him, and the people agreed,” Torin stated.

“What can we do? They are too desperate for an emperor,” Greo added.

“No matter what you say about him, I still believe that he is a better king than that Varelor,” Freia spoke, defending her choice.

“What do you think are they talking about?” Cithara whispered to Wil.

“I don’t know,” Wil whispered back in his innocent voice, “but it’s just probably about the traditions and many other things for the empire.”

As soon as Wil finished his statements, the five turned towards them once more.

“To not break the traditions, even though it has changed in many ways like instead of only elves it became varied, then we decided that you should find another three Avallons that will join your group,” Greo stated.

“Even though the ancestors are not the one who will be choosing them, at least we can still leave at least one of the traditions,” Elron added.

“We will,” Wil replied.

The three elders left them alone. However, Elron remained, silently listening to the three’s conversations.

“Another three,” Sefira spoke. “But how can we find three more warriors that will meet their expectations?”

“I agree,” Wil said. “If the Elven elders might be unhappy about us being the chosen ones, then what more if we take a look at what the other Alvanahan councils will say.”

With her beauty sleep finally finished, the young mermaid finally woke up from her slumber. “Where am I? Am I… Am I home?” she asked as she gently rubbed her eyes.

“To answer your question, Marivielle, you are wrapped around Wil’s arms, and you just woke up,” Cithara explained.

The moment she realized where she was lying, the lady immediately hopped off and walked away from Wil.

“Why would you do that?” she asked, embarrassed of what she did.

“Pardon me,” Wil spoke, “I just thought that it’s not safe for you to be left alone in the ship, especially now that someone’s out there to get us.”

“I understand,” Marivielle replied sheepishly, her cheeks turning red in embarrassment. “But please don’t do that again. It’s… It’s creeping me out.”

“I got an idea!” Sefira beamed, catching the attention of the others.

“What is it, Sefira?” asked Wil.

“Marivielle, how would you like to be one of us?” she asked, grinning.

“What do you mean?” Marivielle asked.

“How would you like to become one of the Avallon warriors of Alvanahan?” Sefira added.

“Wait, are you kidding me? You… You three are the new Avallon warriors?!” Marivielle gasped.

"No, just the two of them," replied Cithara.

“Yes, we are,” answered Wil, “and we will need three more warriors to join us.”

“In that case,” Marivielle responded, “I will gladly accept your offer!”

“Great!” Wil beamed. “Now we just have to find two more.”

“But, after that, what will we do? Do we have to train first before becoming official, or can we get our rings?” Marivielle asked curiously.

Elron, who was standing just in front of them silently, went towards the four to join the conversation. “May I suggest something?” he asked.

“You may, Elron,” replied Wil.

“What if I’ll help you in finding the other two? You can recruit two or more and same as I. After that, all that you need to do is to choose who you think is the person rightful for the title,” Elron stated.

The three looked at each other’s eyes, and all of them knew the answer. Their eyes turned to Elron and gave him a nod.