21 | A Right Decision

"Go on, lad. I won't judge," Alvier consoled.

"About that... well... maybe I am suited to be the future Emperor," Wil answered, a fake smile showing off his face.

After the simple feast, Wil decided to stay at the cabin a little longer with an excuse for a place to sleep.

"Are you sure about that?" Alvier asked.

"Well, Ade, the assistant that you said is just here in this forest. I assure you that I can still find him by... say... midnight," Wil answered in a boastful tone.

"Well, if it is your strategy, then I trust you with that decision," replied Alvier.

Wil sat comfortably on his bed with his eyelids slowly closing, together with the soothing sounds of the crickets cheerfully greeting the rising moons.

After a few moments, there came the time that Cithara, who was silently dozing on the bed located near the window, just beside where Wil was sleeping, was awakened.

"You can't be involved with the Avallon Tree," Alvier groaned after discovering that the mark was genuine.

"You don't have to say it aloud, Ade," Cithara spoke with a heavy heart, "I can't believe it as well. I know that I'm not worth it."

Due to Alvier's outraging anger, Wil was awakened from his slumber, hearing most of the things they were saying to each other.

"So you're related to the Avallon Tree?" Wil rejoiced. "Are you the assistant that the ancient rulers sent?"

"I'm afraid, yes," Alvier responded.

"Ha! Ha! I told you I could find her!" Wil lilted.

"Since you found your... uh... your servant, then I'll be heading to my next destination now," Alvier spoke, secretly looking at Cithara with his eyes furrowed.

"Then we can stay here until morning, right?" asked Wil, grinning.

"I will allow you, Wil, but this young lady sleeps during the day and is awake by night," Alvier stated. "I suggest you go back to Everdaile by midnight."

"D-Don't worry, I can adjust my sleeping habits. I will try my best not to screw up," Cithara spoke.

"Great!" Wil sang out.

"How many times do I have to tell you that you are not supposed to be related to this journey, huh, Cithara?" Alvier asked bitterly.

"W-W-Wait!" Wil exclaimed, hopping off his bed to go between the two. "Why are you so mad about her, Alvier? What wrong did she do to you?"

"Have you two had any connection with each other? Like a family member, perhaps," he added.

"She's..." Alvier sighed, "She's not related to me at any cause. Her grandfather was a best friend of mine but now he's... he's gone."

Cithara stood up and walked away from them. "I... I'll just get some fresh air outside," she spoke as she leisurely walked towards the door.

"I must go now, You're Highness," Alvier spoke, "I shouldn't waste any more time."

"Alright, Ade. Good luck on your journey," Wil spoke, his excitement slowly fading.

For the second time, he watched the old man disappear into the woods, heading to a place he didn't know about.

Meanwhile, Cithara remained alone as she watched Alvier leave him again like he always did every year. She paced across the grass, her wounded arm resting on her lap. She bit her lips with nervous butterflies in her stomach.

"I wonder why Alvier suddenly acted like that," she heard Wil said as he walked towards her.

She paused and turned to him before sighing deeply. "I do wonder, too, for over a hundred years from now," Cithara mumbled, gently massaging her right hand.

"Are you... Are you worried about being my helper?" Wil asked, putting his hands on her shoulders.

"I am so worried about it, You're Highness. Being involved in the Avallons' journey is not meant for me!" she exclaimed, "Alvier doesn't agree to it, too. I'm..." she trailed off and groaned. "I'm a mess."

"You're not a mess. Don't say that to yourself," Wil consoled.

"How do you know? You don't even know me," Cithara asked. "Are you like the one I saw back there at the woods? Are you shapeshifting, too?"

"I'm real, trust me. I honestly encountered a doppelganger just a few moments from now, shafeshipting into Alvier," Wil responded. "Also, I know that you are not what you are saying to yourself because I am an elf. I can see in your eyes that you are a good person. Since you are my assistant now, I will know you better."

"Can all elves do that?" Cithara asked curiously, her smiles beginning to appear.

"Not really. Some of the tribes are just gifted," Wil replied. "How about you? Can you do that, too?"

Cithara grinned, "But I'm not an elf. I'm a Liberian."

"You do look like one based on your clothing and your speech accent but based on your pointy ears, your height, and those astonishing rare shade of blue eyes, you are an elf like myself," Wil stated.

"You're just messing with me, aren't you?" Cithara asked sarcastically.

"I studied a lot about the different creatures in Enchantria my whole life. I am sure that you have the characteristics of an elf," Wil replied.

"Well..." Cithara trailed off and beamed. "Maybe my Vio is an elf!"

"Oh, yes, I heard that part about your father when Alvier's scolding you," said Wil.

"They say that he's gone, but... but I'm not giving up! I know he's alive," she spoke. "Besides, I can still see him in my dreams. I can't clearly see his face, but I can hear his voice. I feel that he's my father."

Wil cupped Cithara's face as if they were close friends who knew each other well. "So, are you ready to be a part of the guardians of Enchantria?"

"I don't know. Maybe," she replied, turning her head away from Wil's hands.

Wil raised his eyebrow. "Who knows, maybe when you became a hero, your father will be so proud of you," he grinned. Cithara hit his shoulder, trying to hide her smile.

"Perhaps you are right about that," Cithara replied. "Since I was chosen by the ancestral rulers of all Enchantria to guide you, then I will do my best to become useful and... not become a mess like I usually am. Besides, being an Avallon is a greater responsibility than this."

As Wil heard the last words that came out of Cithara's lips, he felt that his heart skipped a beat. He tried to hide his fear with the smile that he gave her in reply.

Meanwhile, at the mysterious sylmora tree serving as an entrance to the kingdom of the Dream Weavers came Alvier who was greeted by a group of Liberians standing outside the invisible barrier as they normally do every year of his visit.

"Alvier, I... I lost Cithara," Aja spoke nervously.

"I know. I'm afraid soon enough she will meet her doom, and we had nothing to do to stop it," Alvier reported before completely disappearing towards the barrier with the Liberians.

•○GLOSSARY○•

⚔️Vio

- Elven word: Father