42 | Our Little Mermaid

Cithara secretly followed the young lady inside the ship that they found and ended up inside one of the rooms on the lower deck.

"Bienue (Hi)!" she greeted as she knocked at the open door to call the woman's attention.

Hearing Cithara's voice, the woman stopped brushing her hair with her fingers and turned her gaze toward her. "Oh! You're an elf?"

"No, I'm Liberian," Cithara stated.

"Come sit beside me," said the lady, followed by Cithara, doing what was told. "I thought Liberia was just a myth."

"It was pretty real, and I somehow enjoyed living there," replied Cithara.

"Wow!"

"Anyways, how did you understand me? I mean, I know that Alvanahan Elvish is what Liberians use, but... do you know it?" the curious Cithara asked.

"I love to learn languages from different places in Alvanahan. For now, I know basic Mithrian, Alvanahan Elvish, some Nivannon languages, and -"

"Wait! Do you know Nivannon languages?!" Cithara asked excitedly.

"Yes!" The woman beamed. "I met some Mortals days ago."

"Really? How did that happen?"

"I was just wanting to have adventures with my friends when we saw this ship sailing at our waters. My friends were terrified and swam away, but not me. I just got the feeling that I should know where that thing came from," the lady stated.

"So you're not scared of it?" Cithara asked with a serious expression on her face.

"I thought that it might just be one of the Mithrian ships or the Derillan but as I get closer, I was grabbed by the arm and some men dragged me up towards the deck," the lady added. "That was the time that I found out that they were not what I thought. When I heard them speaking, I realized that they're Mortals."

"But how exactly did you know that they are Mortals? Maybe they are just other Immortals who learned how to speak Nivannon," Cithara criticized.

"They are just what my grandmother told me. Also, our family is the only one in the whole oceanic kingdom who knows how to read rare articles like that," the lady answered.

The lady told Cithara everything that had happened to her and what she encountered on her adventure with the Mortals.

"That means that you are a Royal Blood, right?" said Cithara. "I also have been able to read rare articles inside our library."

"Oh, so you're a reveia (princess)?" asked the lady.

"In Liberia, the daughter of the ruler is called hadea," Cithara stated. "My deia, which is Elvish for Mother, was the hara or the female ruler of the kingdom. However, when she passed away, my areia replaced her."

"But," said the lady, "you are the daughter of your ruler. How did your areia ended up as the hara instead of you?"

"Oh, the people said that I'm so young to rule," Cithara grinned, receiving a soft laugh from the young woman beside her. "And it was based on their dreams."

"By the way, my name is Marivielle Dewbreeze," said the lady, raising her right arm in the air and her pointer pointed towards Cithara.

"My name is Cithara Eliz -" she answered, remembering what Alvier told her once more. "...Cithara Lorielle! That's my name!"

Marivielle's finger remained pointed towards her together with the gaze of the lady fixed on her face. "Uh... D- Do I have to tell you  anything more? D- Do you need something from me?" Cithara asked, confused about what was happening.

Marivielle took Cithara's left arm with her pointer pointing toward her. "In our tradition, we touch each other's pointer fingers as a symbol of a new friendship," Marivielle explained as she made both their fingers touch.

"Bien, mae govannen, lei mien amia (Well, well met, my new friend)," Cithara greeted.

"Elei medullen freyo [Well met to you as well]," Marivielle replied, using her native language.

"Directing back to our conversation a while ago, what happened to the Mortals who captured you?"

"I don't know what surely happened since I collapsed down the floor," Marivielle replied. "When I woke up, I found out that one of the crew members that was left had half of my crystal-gem."

"You, too, have a crystal-gem?" Cithara asked excitedly.

"What do you mean?" Marivielle asked, showing off half of her blue-green crystal-gem toward Cithara. Cithara showed Marivielle her violet crystal-gem as well. "Oh!"

"Anyways, what happened next?" Cithara spoke, realizing that she was interrupting the moment.

"I asked him nicely, but he didn't listen. Since I don't know what I could do next, he told me that I have to do everything he wanted until he would finally give up half of my crystal-gem. Unless he said that he would destroy it with his Nivannon weapon," Marivielle continued. "But now, he's gone!"

"Do you know where he could be?" asked Cithara.

"The last time I saw him, he ordered me to get some food at the nearby mark,  but when I came back, he was gone; gone with half of my crystal-gem!" Marivielle exclaimed.

"Oh, I hope you can find him and that crystal-gem of yours," Cithara comforted.

"I want to find the crystal-gem but not that man," Marivielle replied, "He's like a crazy fish!"

The both of them were having a great time talking with each other,  and they didn't notice the danger that was coming.

As midnight came, many of the women, children, and elderly of the group cuddled up to their assigned beds below deck. As the great frigate sails southbound, they didn't realize that they were heading right towards a trap.

Alerted by the escapists, the Mithrian soldiers gathered somewhere on a remote island where the fugitives would be heading, hoping that they could capture them all and leave no one alive. If they didn't do such a thing, their lives would be in danger.

"How much longer until we finally head east?" Wil asked Sefira.

"Patience, Wil," Sefira replied, "Just a few more minutes,  and we'll head towards our destination."

•○GLOSSARY○•

⚔️ Areia
- Elven word: Aunt

⚔️ Bien, mae govannen, lei mien amia
- Elven word: Well, well met, my new friend

⚔️ Bienue!
- Enchantrian word: Hi!

⚔️ Deia
- Elven word: Mother

⚔️ Elei medullen freyo
- Aquarian word: Well met to you as well

⚔️ Hadea
- Liberian word: Princess

⚔️ Hara
- Liberian word: Queen

⚔️ Reveia
- Aquarian word: Princess