41

reminder: it is never your fault.

also, if the process here is wrong, please let me know. i researched as much as i could, but i would like to be corrected if there's any mistake!

*

Rhysand turns twenty-seven.

Their Halloween costumes this year are Timmy Turner and Trixie Tang, and Andy thinks Rhysand looks cute in his pink shirt and cap.

He spends Christmas and New Year with Andy and her dad. Andy prints out another picture of them in matching outfits, this time in white, with cute Christmas hats, and writes at the back:

To my Rhysand,
Our second Christmas together :D I love you always, in all ways.
- your sunshine. (sanford works too. Or baby). <333

The second album he worked hard for gets great numbers, and Andy's so proud of him. Rhysand is interviewed, and he's asked about his relationship. He doesn't divulge details about Andy, but he says she's the person he's writing lyrics for.

Andy turns twenty-two, and for their third anniversary, Rhysand brings her for a weekend away on the beach. Andy thinks it's perfect, and she has tears in her eyes when Rhysand makes love to her in their small, cozy cabin, and he kisses her tears away and whispers, overwhelmingly, pressing his forehead to hers, squeezing their locked fingers beside her head, "I love you, sunshine. There's no one else for me but you."

Andy breathes the words right back. She believes him.

Even—even though Andy doesn't talk to Kyle anymore. Even though she doesn't ask about work, doesn't ask about Sophia.

She has a month before graduation, and she's excited.

It's a great morning. Andy finished a great practice session with Johann last night for her thesis, and she has another one today, but she wakes up in Rhysand's arms and freshens up quick in the bathroom, and then she kisses him awake, brushing her lips over the line on his back.

Rhysand groans into his pillow and mutters, "Sunshine, stop that."

Andy giggles into his skin, keeps kissing him. "Good morning, baby."

He turns over on the bed and blinks at her blearily.

"You're so cute." Andy grins and wraps him up in a tight hug, burying her head on his bare chest, and Rhysand's arms come lazily around her small body. "C'mon, you promised me we'd get breakfast before you drop me off at school. And you have work today."

He groans. "Too early," he rasps sleepily.

"It's nine, love."

Rhysand's hands curl behind her back, fingers grazing her hipbones. "Does this hurt?"

He's talking about the bruises all over her skin. Andy's face heats, thinking about last night, and she kisses his collarbone. "No."

"What about this?" he asks, voice low, hands traveling to her neck and throat.

"No," Andy answers again, shaking her head. "My legs are shaky, though."

Rhysand huffs out a laugh. His eyes are closed. "Do I need to apologize?"

"No, I love it." She smiles widely, grabbing his hand and interlacing their fingers together. "Come on, baby, I want to get breakfast with you."

"Let's just lie here in bed," Rhysand murmurs lazily. "And we're already naked. Perfect."

Andy laughs, weakly hitting his shoulder. "I'd love to, but I have practice for my thesis defense. And you have to do magic with your music and work and earn money."