21

uploading early bc im on a roll and i keep writing chapters and im excited for you guys to read them :c my heart HURTS

i'm currently on a 96K word count for TWOU! can you guys believe it omg :(

thank you for all your comments, i love reading them so don't be shy to give your thoughts! also, if you have any questions (about TWOU or otherwise), i'll be happy to answer them c:

in the external link is my pinterest board for TWOU's outfits when i need to write them lmao check it out! 

please enjoy this fluff-filled chapter, and please give How To Woo Sky Walker a read while waiting for chapter 22 ♡ x

*

Andy goes to school and work despite the ache in her chest and ignores Jenner's calls and messages.

After water polo, she goes home to do her homework instead of going out with Bash or Johann. Kat asks her to come to the art studio, but she declines.

Sabina and MJ are visibly worried, but thankfully, they know when to leave her alone. Andy goes about her day fighting the urge to grab her phone and call Rhysand.

At night, when she can't sleep, her tears help—as long as they're silent. She doesn't want to wake her friends.

She goes to the animal shelter alone. It's her first time doing so without Rhysand, and it feels weird. Lily brightens up once she walks in, and Andy tries for a smile.

"Hi, Andy! Where's Rhysand?"

Andy feels an uncomfortable sting pierce through her chest. "Busy," she mumbles, and Lily doesn't push—just hands her the volunteer sheet.

And even without Rhysand, Andy is thankful that she manages to smile and play with the dogs and cats and bunnies. She loves doing this—so for a while, her heart doesn't hurt.

But it's different when she leaves and goes home.

Sabina lets a few nights pass before asking, "Did you two fight again?"

Andy just nods and heads straight to bed.

MJ sighs and pats her on the head. "It's okay, bub. This is what comes with being in a relationship."

Andy wants to say that it was never this tiring with Luke, but she remembers—she was never in a relationship with him. So couples like this fight all the time? Get jealous over friends? Meet up with their exes?

Sabina clicks her tongue. "One roommate almost hooked up with an ex, the other keeps fighting with her boyfriend. You both need to get your shit together."

MJ hits her with a pillow. "Shut up."

Bash texts her a couple of times. Andy replies with a short assurance that she's fine—just so he stops messaging. He does, eventually.

At work, Johann comes to see her again. Andy's not in the mood to entertain him, so she lets him talk while she decorates desserts.

He's in the middle of talking about an awful professor in one of his classes when Andy growls in frustration and drops the piping bag on the counter.

"Andy," Johann says in worry. "Are you okay?"

"Do I look okay?" Andy snaps back, sinking down to her knees. "I can't even get the freaking frosting right!"

Johann leans forward on the counter. "I don't see the problem—"

Andy forcefully presses her hands down her face and turns around, but her friend grabs her arm before she can grab another cupcake. "Andy. I don't understand what's going on with you."