35

i would like everyone to know...i wrote it. i wrote the chapter with the summary in it. which was why i decided to upload early! :D to apologize !

follow my twitter for my reaction, ill follow yall back my user is arrowheadswp!

also, warning: sexual themes!

*

Rhysand spends Christmas and New Year with Andy and her dad at Parkway.

It's his first. Out of the orphanage, at least, and Andy wants to make it the best as she can.

And of course, as per tradition, it starts with decorating the house.

Rhysand comes down from the staircase in his shirt and sweatpants, blinking at the scene in front of him. The tree is already set up, and Andy hanged the socks against the TV console, and there are pretty lights strewn all over the living room. Andy is tiptoeing, decorating the tree with Christmas balls and other ornaments, and she turns when she hears Rhysand's feet pad across the floor. "Good morning, baby."

"Trey left for work?" he rasps quietly, voice still heavy with sleep.

"Yeah." She bites her lip and tiptoes again with a grunt, arm reaching high.

He hums and comes up behind her, wraps his cold hands around her waist. His head drops on her shoulder, and his hair tickles Andy's skin. "Thank God," he mumbles.

"Hang this for me," Andy demands, shoving the ornament into his hands. "I'm too short."

Rhysand snickers. He leans forward and hangs it with no difficulty. "What else, munchkin?"

"I'm not a munchkin," she grumbles, bending down to pick up the star. "There, at the top, please."

Rhysand does as she says. "Why all the fuss?" he asks sleepily, shoving one hand inside his pockets. "I mean, we had decorations and shit, but that's because we were children. It's just you and Trey here. Why bother?"

"Because it's Christmas!" Andy grins brightly at him, twirls herself around with his arm. "And even though it's just me and my dad, having the house look like this makes it feel more alive, you know? It'd be boring and dull without the tree and the pretty lights. Besides, you're here now."

Rhysand looks at her, lips turning up at the corners. "You're excited."

She's always excited for Christmas, but having Rhysand with her and her dad makes it all the more thrilling and special. She tiptoes and presses a kiss on his cheek. "We need to go shopping."

He wrinkles his nose and follows her to the kitchen. "For gifts?"

"And for matching outfits and reindeer hats."

"Jesus." Rhysand huffs. "What if I don't want to match with you?"

"You can say bye to your eggnog and gingerbread cookies."

"I'm kidding, Christ," he mutters, taking a sip of his coffee. "What time are we leaving?"

Rhysand and her dad cook the meals for the Christmas Eve dinner while Andy bakes her pastries, and it's a loud mess in the kitchen, what with all the ingredients on the counters and the Christmas music blasting from the bluetooth speakers.

As promised, Andy and Rhysand match—they're both wearing red sweaters and black jeans, but Andy's is off shoulder, and it's tucked in her pants with a belt. Rhysand may have complained, but he's wearing the reindeer headband, too, and he looks adorable.

"You look ridiculous," her dad tells Rhysand. "You look cute, kiddo," he says to Andy with a wink.

Rhysand scowls. Andy laughs under her breath.