36

thank you all for your comments :c they make my day, always. please be safe and healthy wherever you guys are.

warning: sexual themes!

*

MJ grabs her hand. "See? That wasn't so hard! It was a walk in the park, bub. Told you it was going to be fine."

"Yeah," Andy mumbles, distracted, staring at the pack of pills in her hand before shoving it inside her bag. "This is...this is effective, right? No pregnancy scares?"

"You heard the doctor," the redhead singsongs, swinging their arms together as they step into the parking lot. "And as long as you take it every day, okay? Set an alarm on your phone. Oh, and use a condom first for the first week, it has to settle in."

Andy's heart is still racing, but she feels better after her appointment with the doctor. "Yeah, okay."

"What happened to my little angel?" MJ squeals, teasing and ruffling her hair. "God, you're so grown up now. Using pills and shit!"

"Keep it down!" Andy plants a finger against the older's lips, looking around wildly in panic.

"Oh, come on." MJ's still grinning, slapping Andy's hand away. "It's good to practice safe and protected sex, Andy. I'm so glad you asked me to come with you, it makes me feel like your mom or something."

"Technically, you and Sab are," Andy mutters, the heat in her face still evident. "Can you call her and ask if she's free for lunch? We haven't seen her since her shoot out of town last week."

MJ is already taking her phone out. "Good idea. That bitch hasn't been replying to our group chat, I knew when she promised that she wasn't going to follow through."

Andy giggles and opens the car door. "She's busy, MJ, give her a break."

"I'll break her leg if she doesn't answer me," the ginger grumbles, settling in the driver's seat. Then her face immediately brightens, and she yells, "Well, look who has the time to pick up her phone!"

Andy laughs again. Sabina is free for lunch, but she'll have to be quick as she has a meeting with a client at two o'clock.

On Valentine's Day, Rhysand picks her up at the school with a bouquet of chicken nuggets in his hand. Andy kisses him with a wide grin, and they go to dinner and they get a free pizza shaped in a heart because the manager apparently thinks they're cute. Andy asks that they have their picture taken, and in the picture, Rhysand is smiling.

Because they stop by the shelter after dinner, Andy is tired as soon as they get home. They brush their teeth and change into their pajamas and quickly get in bed, Andy's eyes shutting closed.

Rhysand smooths his hand down her hair. "Tired?" he murmurs.

Andy hums, buries her head further into his chest. "It was a good day. Thank you for spending Valentine's again with me."

"You don't have to thank me." Rhysand leans down to kiss her head. "Night, baby."

"I love you," Andy mutters sleepily.

He laughs once and whispers back, "I love you too."

*

Andy forgets to tell Rhysand about the pills.

In her defense, it hasn't been on her mind. Sure, she's been taking it every day as soon as her alarm tells her to do so, but when she's about to text Rhysand to let him know, she remembers he's at work, and he wouldn't be able to respond and it would be better to tell him in person, anyway.