Chapter XXVII- Neutral ground

Ciardha:

    I watched approvingly as Muirgen brushed Siofra's soft, golden hair. My fingers twitched in wanting to run my own hands through her hair.

    Each court had their own standards of what was appropriate clothing wise, and I knew her current outfit would make a couple of the courts rather uncomfortable. She wore skin tight, black clothing. Her legs were completely covered in the cloth, but left little to imagination when it came to the perfect shape. Her top was just as fitted, and long sleeved and showed of her perfect proportions. A slice of her waist was visible between the ideals of clothing.

    It was goddamn near impossible to remove my eyes from her body. I thought back to when she spoke of an eating disorder, and it hurt me to imagine her hatred for her body. I wish I could show her how perfect it was to me...

    "Ok, I feel like myself for the first time since I got here," Siofra said, as she leaned forward into the mirror, looking herself up and down.

    "You look badass," Muirgen said with a wink and slapped my mates ass teasingly.

    The girls burst into laughter at the action, but I couldn't help as I let out a warning growl. The two of them both jumped at the motion. If Muirgen and my mate didn't seem to be such close friends, I wouldn't hesitate to rip her head off for touching my mate in such a way.

    I watched as my mate bit her lip seductively and tilted her head to the side staring at me, "Are you... jealous?" she asked, her tone serious.

I couldn't help but tighten my jaw but I didn't say anything as I watched her teasing actions.

"Muirgen! He's jealous of our love-" She called humorously.

"As he should be, no one can beat our love," Muirgen replied, wrapping her hand around my mate's waist.

I felt my body ripple with emotions I had never felt before. Jealousy? Really? I need to get myself in check, I'm acting like a child. This girl has me wrapped around her finger and we haven't even completed the bond.

I turned on my heel, anger and raw emotion making my shadows begin to circle my fingers and ankles, and walked out the door, leaving the girls to finish.

I must admit, when I saw her dressed like that, she looked like an entirely different girl than the broken one, crying in a wrinkled white dress I saw this morning. She pulled a mask of confidence and cockiness over her unsavory emotions.

    Huh, reminds me of someone...

    I looked out at the grey sky as I leaned against a banister overlooking the courtyard. Guards armed to the teeth were surrounding the winter palace.

    Moments later, the two girls walked out to meet me, both had their clothing and features hidden by large cloaks. Their laughter had died and was replaced by seriousness.

    "The time has arrived, we need to leave now to get to the council in time," I glanced suspiciously at the Merrow girl, "Are you coming with us?"

    "She comes with me," Siofra spoke for her, desperation in her voice.

    I simply nodded, "The Enbarrs are prepared."

    "Enbarr?" Siofra asked, her voice full of curiosity.

    "Yes- horses that can travel over land or water faster than the wind," I answered knowingly.

    "And they are quite expensive," Muirgen commented as she tossed her red hair.

    I led the way towards the entrance of the castle, where the two white stallions were bridled and ready. I offered my hand to Siofra who had her arms crossed frowning.

    "Can't I just ride with Muirgen? And you ride alone?"

    I laughed lowly, "Look love, King Alvar is coming too. I didn't intend for your friends to ride as well, but now she will ride with him or Conrì. And you will ride with me."

    She sighed and nodded. I climbed onto the muscular horse and turned to offer my hand to help her up. Much to my surprise and happiness, she took my hand and climbed up into the saddle so she was seated right in front of me.

    Alvar walked out of the front doors, dramatic as always with his huge fur cloak. He climbed into the saddle and then hoisted Muirgen up to ride with him.

    Conrì was late as always, but I spotted his white hair matching his white stallion, as he rode, armed to the teeth

    "Hold on tight," I whispered as I leaned down to my mate's level. I felt her breath hitch as I spoke, and the five of us took off towards the Council, riding at an unprecedented rate.

    I felt her body lean against mine as we rode forward. Her constant smell of jasmines filled the air, but I noticed a slight difference in the smell, almost like orange blossoms.

    I looked down amidst the blur of trees and other features to see her hand wrapped protectively around her side. I noticed it as odd, but didn't think much of it.

    Moments after we left, we came to a halting stop. The air was warmer than the icy mountains of the Winter Court, but still temperate. There was no wind, and the air was still as we dismounted. The world was a vivid green, and moss and grass covered anything in sight. Trees, taller and larger than those that have been seen by human eyes surrounded the world. Even I, after hundreds of years of gracing this place, can never shake the eeriness of it. The feeling of being watched, and the whispers that zip back and forth with the wind.

    The large stone walkway into the Neodrach, or neutral court loomed over our party. I momentarily glanced at the age old stone carvings covering it, describing prophecies and heroes. It seemed to be swallowed by the forest, or maybe the carvings and the signs of life beyond nature were born from this forest.

No one spoke as we walked towards the dark entryway. All I noticed as the buzzing, electric feeling of Siofra slipping her hand into mine.

Hey y'all! -IDK if I've said this before but please feel free to correct or point out grammar mistakes (nicely). I literally don't read over stuff before I post it cause I'm lazing (expect I write all the damn time). Sooooo yeah. Hope you like it! do you like it when I post images with the chapter? did y'all like the song I put with the last one? idk man.. vibes hahah