Chapter XIV- Dancing

I mean, from the outside, it seemed like fun. Dancing, drinking, having all the eyes in the room on you, but in all honesty, I just wanted to curl up in a ball and cry.

For some reason, in my head, I expected these fae people to dance like we did on Beltaine. In sort of a jig like manner. But they were dancing like we were in a club, leaving little to nothing to the imagination.

I danced until my body was screaming in pain, and even then, I kept dancing. I'm not sure if it was out of sheer fear, adrenaline, or the fact the music seemed to make you dance. I wasn't particularly a good dancer when it came to most dancing, but I could move my hips up and down and round. My hips don't lie.

While I danced and tried not to break down in tears over an existential crisis on where my life has come to, I tried to learn from my surroundings. I learned a couple things about these creatures. First of all, they were all desperately attractive. Each and every one of the dancers and customers looked like models. I am also fairly sure my guards were not the same species or type of fairy, considering they were revolting.

They were also very tall, surprisingly. Everyone thinks of fairies as itsy-bitsy tom-thumb mother fuckers. But in fact, I seemed to be about the average height among the girls, and I'm 5'8. Which did something amazing for my self esteem because I had always been taught that men want small girls. And here I was, and these fairy-men were lusting over tall ass amazonian like women. The girls seemed dainty, and ethereal, but besides the height, there was quite a diversity of looks. But each girl was HOT, and that's coming from a non-straight girl.

I watched in fear as certain girls would be led along by men out of the room, undoubtedly to other bedrooms. The idea of some man, touching me like that... ugh. The very idea nauseated me. Not that I didn't like intimacy or stuff like that, just after what happened before I came to Ireland...

"Sophie! Come on, it's dawn!" Summer called to me, beckoning me to follow her. I smiled, exhausted, and pranced after her.

"One moment, I'd like to have a word with Sophie."

I got shivers all down my spine as a result of that menacing voice. It felt as if the room had become ice cold, even if we were in the summer court. I turned to look at Queen Étaín, the supplier of my fear. Her dark eyes flickered over me, scrutinizing my every movement.

"You did well tonight. I expect the same from you every night. If a man asks to be with you sexually, you must reject him, until I say so. I bet your virginity would cost a pretty penny, or be helpful for me in some way."

I held my tongue to prevent some retort or some confession out. I had no intention of speeding up a process in which I would functionally be raped. Also, I should reinstate my thought before, I am not in a fairy prostitution ring, it is very much so sex trafficking.

Good God, I finally understand why people fear and hate fairies I just need to find a way out of here. And it's not like I'm not trying, but I wouldn't care if I was the one punished. But Summer's warning was at the back of my mind, and I had no intention of hurting anyone else.

"Yes ma'am," I said, curtsying to the queen. It took every bone in my body to not flip her off or roll my eyes.

She looked me up and down, "You will now be staying with the other girls. You may leave, Changeling."

Whatever she called me, she said it like an insult. My anger was at its peak, but my curiosity was stronger. I knew I needed to get back to the other girls for my many many questions to be answered.

I followed guards down beautiful hallways that looked as if they were made out of perfect, white, stone. It reminded me a lot of both Rome and Mykonos. And that reminded me of my family. God, I miss them. I rarely got along with either of my parents, and I wanted to go to Ireland partly because I could not live in that house any longer. But, my siblings mean the world to me.

I watched as the dark sky began to lighten. We wandered down a hallway to a bedroom and just as before, the guard shoved me in and locked the door behind me. I looked up to see a room with all walls filled with queen sized bunk beds, each with curtains you could draw for privacy. In the middle of the room, there were tons of cushions and blankets to sit on. Girls were chatting happily playing cards on the floor, or coming in and out of a steamy door that undoubtedly opened to a bathroom.

"Hey!" Summer called, and patted a cousin beside her, "Go take a shower, I'll lend you some clothes, and then come on out and sit with us!"

She seemed so cheery despite the horrid situation. I did as she was told, I went into the steamy room to find a couple showers and a mirror with two sinks. I climbed into the shower, and I honestly think it's the best shoer I have ever taken. When I was in the shower, I saw something odd forming on my rib cage, on my left side, right below my breast. It was just a glowing line, but no matter how I scrubbed it, it wouldn't come off.

"What the hell?" I screamed, stumbling out of the shower. 

Thoughts so far? How do y'all like sophie? any theories?