Chapter XXVI- Sherlock

Sophie:

I cocked my head to the side, "The council?"

Muirgen bit her lip, and her face went from it's pale and botchy state, to her normal mischievous face.

"Uh oh, I know that face."

"Sophie, what do you know about the council?" Her voice was calm and calculating, but I could see ideas running through her eyes as she spoke.

"Literally nothing, nobody tells me shit except that they want to challenge some claim on me... I am so done and tired with being treated like an object. Y'all need to catch up societally," I comment, playing with a piece of my blonde hair.

"OK so, I don't know a ton about the council, but here's what I do know- it's very, very rare to call one, and it's only over matters that could lead to a war," her eyes flickered darkly at the comment of war.

I felt a pit in my stomach grow, but also some thought at the back of my brain warmed at the thought of Cairdha being willing to go to war over me.

"War?" I asked, and watched as she nodded slowly.

"Because it can involve war, all leaders of all the courts, well except for the Earon Court, because they don't exist," For a brief moment she bowed her head and place a hand over her chest, as if showing respect, "And the leaders of the other creatures such as the Queen of the Merrows - and they all argue or debate over whatever the thing is that might bring them to war- and it's all judged by the Fates: a Banshee, a Púca and a Cat Sìth. They ultimately judge what is to be done."

I bit my lip and thought as she spoke, "What do I do?"

She hesitated, "I'm not exactly sure, they haven't called a Council since the fall of the Earom Court." She made the the same motion she did earlier

For some reason, my head snapped up at that, "Earom Court?"

Her eyes were full of sadness as she spoke, "Every wonder why there's no sun here?" I nodded attentively. "That's because of the Fall of the Earom court."

I wanted to push farther, but saw the sadness in her eyes and decided against it. "It's this afternoon..." I commented slowly, referencing the council and winced as I did.

She stood up abruptly, "This afternoon?"

"Yeah-"

"And what are you wearing?" Her eyes glanced over my dress, the beautiful silken material crinkled from sleep.

"Uhhhh this?" I asked, frowning at the once perfect gown.

She tapped her chin in an exaggerated thought movement, and then her eyes lit up as if she thought of something.

"I know exactly what we need to do, there should be no doubt to any observer that you are the King of Darkness's mate," her voice was filled with that same mischief as earlier.

"What are you insinuating?" I asked slowly, weary of what she was insinuating.

"Oh come on Soph! It'll be fun! When were you one to back down from a challenge? Think of this as an adventure!" She said as she walked towards the door.

"It's not fun when your life and personhood is on the line," I grumbled crossing my arms.

"Look, no one is gonna kill you- you're his mate. Like, he's the most powerful male in Tír na nÓg, you're totally fine. If someone laid a hand one what is his they'd be gone in an instant," she says exasperated before grabbing my hand and lugging me towards the door.

Dear god give me strength to deal with these wack ass elves, I thought as she pulled me to the door.

As soon as it burst open, I saw Cairdha standing there, leaning against the wall, smoke like shadows surrounding him.

"Top of the mornin to ya," I said sarcastically, rolling my eyes at him. Why did I feel the need to be a little sassy bitch to him right after I poured my emotions out? I don't know, I am as bi-polar as a wattpad boy.

"Where are you going?" He growled, his voice gruff and powerful. It lit my soul on fire and let butterflies loose into my stomach.

"We have a plan," Muigren confessed, and then slapped her hand over her mouth as if she had spoken too much.

"Don't we all," he said sarcastically, and ran his hands through his hair forebodingly.

Part of me wanted to roll my eyes at his wannabe-bad boy attitude, but the other half of me felt my ovaries light on fire at the motion.

"Well no shit Sherlock, wanna join or not?" I put my hands on my hips and lifted my chin defiantly.

"Sherlock?" He said as he cocked his head to the side, looking at me up and down.

I sighed exacerbated, "Y'all might be devistantingly attractive and have powers and shit, but y'all have nothing on human culture."

Muirgen and I laughed, bending over double as we did that time on the hill in Ireland. Then she flailed out her arm excitedly as if remembering something.

"Oh shit I forgot!" she exclaimed, "First of all, Bebìnn is not gonna tell your parents you're missing but she is panicking."

I sighed, nodding. Is it bad to think thoughts of my parents hardly passed my mind. I missed my siblings though, lizzie and little baby Pierre. I pushed imagines of them out of my mind and set my jaw. I looked up to see blue eyes burning holes into me.

"What does this plan entail?" He asked, his eyes looked like the hottest part of the flame, an icy-hot blue.

"Your angel over here? I'm thinking no one should question who she belongs to," Muirgen said pointing at me. I noticed from her actions that despite her feigned confidence, she wasn't comfortable around Ciardha.

A smirk appeared on Ciardha's face and his eyes lit up dangerously, "Now, there are many ways to let the whole world know I've claimed her-"

"Ummmm hell-to-the-no," I said assertively.

"You are you're duty minds. The both of you," Muirgen commented and Ciardha glanced at each other. I huffed exasperatedly. "No, this is a moment for a good ole fashioned make over- remind people not to mess with the future queen of darkness."

ANNNNND I keep writing. I'd like y'alls imput if you have any. I'm in highschool and I've only had wattpad for about 3 months (corona made me do it) so I'm hoping I'm doing stuff thats acceptable.... thanks!