5.4 | You without me

Start from the beginning

Having wrapped up everything work wise on Monday, she spent yesterday frantically packing and tidying his house, before meeting Glenne for their late red eye flight. She fell asleep before they even took off from LAX and only woke up as they started their descent to land in Jamaica.

Shrugging off her ribbing that she made a terrible travel companion, after lengthy queues at the airport, Eloise had succumbed to another quick nap waiting for their tiny plane. She's feeling less tired now, but in desperate need of a shower and a massage to get the kinks out her neck.

>

As they pull through the gates, Carlton makes a call and hands Glenne his phone. "Jeffrey said to call when we arrive, to find out where they are", he explains.

Jeff's helping Eloise surprise Harry again, arriving a day earlier than he's expecting.

"Studio two. It's an emergency, apparently? He'll meet us outside", Glenne relays, handing the phone back.

"No problem", Carlton nods. "Well, I hope not!", he adds with a chuckle.

Eloise's excited butterflies turn into a swarm of locusts at the word 'emergency'. What could be up, here in paradise? Harry had sounded chipper and excited at their quick progress when she spoke to him yesterday.

After bantering with Carlton and defending her heavy packing - she's heading straight to Autumn in London from here - Eloise coughs exaggeratedly to break up Glenne and Jeff's reunion.

"Oh, come on!", she jokes. "You saw her three days ago in LA! Where's mine?". Harry, not a kiss from Jeff. Obviously. "My guy, I mean...", she clarifies awkwardly.

He laughs and gives her a quick hug. "Mr. Clueless is in a funk today; definitely eager to see you. Come on".

He turns to Carlton, "Thanks, man. Will you drop their bags off at our villa, please?".

>

Eloise eagerly follows Jeff up the stairs, re-tucking her (Harry's) baby blue Zombies vintage band t-shirt into her black denim shorts.

She has to pull up quickly at the top to avoid crashing into him when he pauses to rap his knuckles on the door before popping his head in. "Incoming... Now good?".

She tucks her sunglasses into her neckline, curious when Jeff grins and beckons her in with a finger to his lips.

Once her eyes adjust from the bright sunlight, she has to bite her lip to avoid bursting into laughter.

Harry lays prone on a sofa. "I can't write songs!", he wails dramatically, voice low and ragged, muffled into the cushions.

The five other men in the room, laughing exasperatedly, smile as they cut their eyes from him to the new guests in the doorway.

Judging by the balled up wads of paper littering the floor near the bin in the corner, Eloise deduces they must have been at this impasse for some time.  And it must be quite the stalemate to throw off Harry's killer aim.

With a smile, she shakes her head and rolls her eyes fondly, tiptoeing over to perch on the arm of his sofa before piping up. "Christ! He films one movie and turns into a right diva. Pull yourself together, Styles!".

Harry almost gives himself whiplash, snapping his head up in shock. He pushes up on to his knees before hauling her down and into his lap in a tangle of limbs.

"No fucking way!", he gapes, holding her close. "You...?", he rounds on Jeffrey as the others laugh conspiratorially.

"Hey!", he holds his hands up in defence. "You struggle for inspiration, I deliver a muse... Anything to kibosh the dramatics!", he laughs.